NGD: I-35 Deluxe (Carved Top) in Dark Cherry Sunburst

MA Pete

NGD: I-35 Deluxe (Carved Top) in Dark Cherry Sunburst

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Picked this up from Austin Guitar House this week. Wow, amazing guitar! My favorite Collings so far (of 4, other NGD threads to follow).

One of the best tops I have seen on a Collings. I love this Dark Cherry Sunburst finish from Collings - my favorite of their finishes. They really do a great job with their vintage finishes.

Tones are amazing. I dig the tones of both the Carved Top / Mahogany Back I-35, and the I-35 LC. Maybe this one a little more than the LC, it is more so a Les Paul'ish sort of tone with some Semi-Hollowness to it.

This one has the ThroBak SLE-101+ MXVs in there, I love those! (My I-35 LC has those as well.)

Weight is 7 pounds even, so nice to have a guitar that sounds and plays so amazing that is this light - I come from playing mostly Les Paul style guitars that are in the 8.5 to 9 pound range...

I have owned a lot of guitars in my lifetime, and my first impression of this one is that it is in the "Top 5" of all guitars ever for me, which is a pretty strong endorsement! ;)

MA Pete

Re: NGD: I-35 Deluxe (Carved Top) in Dark Cherry Sunburst

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:46 pm

I posted this video of this guitar on another thread, posting it again here with the NGD thread for the guitar.

https://youtu.be/d9RJtH39fCQ

The tones of this great guitar are well represented in the demo. Sounds amazing!

Also they do a great job filming the guitar at multiple angles, to show the beauty of that killer top and the gorgeous Dark Cherry Sunburst finish! I told the guys at the Austin Guitar House that the video is what really sold me on the guitar, both with regards to tones and the aesthetics...

Bronco

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

What a beauty! I love the solid I-35s. Congrats on a great guitar!

Red Oak

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Bronco wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am What a beauty! I love the solid I-35s. Congrats on a great guitar!
What a guitar!! Not only beautiful but a real cannon!!!