CJ Mh sunburst en route

RNF

Re: CJ Mh sunburst en route

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:36 am

Oh man. Hope you love it. I was looking around for a better guitar and played a CJMHSS in a store and fell in love. I went back to try to purchase it and the sales guy said it had been damaged (sales guy had an attitude I really didnt like that day) and not for sale. Anyway, I found a rosewood CJSBSS with a German top and bought it unheard and unplayed over the internet. A crazy, out of character thing for me to do. I'd seen the guy on the old Collings forum so I gave it a shot.

Dude, the thing is amazingggg. Looks great and plays incredible. Makes me want to play everyday. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. I'm not that close to the store, so I havent played a ton of guitars, but I dont understand why everyone doesnt own or want a CJ. To me its the complete guitar. I also have a 69 Gibson Country & Western and J-20 Martin. The CJ slays them both. I cant say enough good things.

Welcome to the forum. Yay Collings CJ's!! Maybe I need to get out more, but I've played for a long time. I dont really understand why anyone would want anything else.

I hope you love yours

RNF

armdog

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:19 pm

CJ goes back to Bill's day working with Lyle Lovett and others to make it right. I had 3 Collings dreads and now the short scale CJmhA. end of story

Haasome

Sun May 26, 2019 11:34 am

I’m curious— after a couple of months, how are you getting along with your new CJ?
Paul