Collings Made Case Information *UPDATE*

Peanut73

Re: Collings Made Case Information *UPDATE*

Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Agree with you on that.

Greg Y

Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Eric, You might be surprised how many sell. I remember when Calton mando cases sold for $450....now they're $815. Calton dreadnaught cases not so long ago were $1000....now they're $1215. Accords listed at $1500..... who's even seen one lately. The Collings case is a thing of beauty....I think we'll see it sustain itself.

elambo

Fri May 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Greg Y wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 pm Eric, You might be surprised how many sell. I remember when Calton mando cases sold for $450....now they're $815. Calton dreadnaught cases not so long ago were $1000....now they're $1215. Accords listed at $1500..... who's even seen one lately. The Collings case is a thing of beauty....I think we'll see it sustain itself.
I hope so -- the more sales for Collings the better. I just think they'd be competing with a market of rugged travel cases at that price point which would make it tougher to snag sales. That's my view as someone whose cases tend to sit in a garage untouched, and when I go out with a guitar the case gets thrown around a bit, not because I'm rough but because, well, life.

Greg Y

Fri May 24, 2019 10:56 pm

You know Eric, Even at $750 some folks were deciding whether to buy/use a Calton/Hoffee or the Collings. I'm sure there will still be folks who want premium cases for all their guitars. I have a very good friend who is a gigging musician. His dread is a Collings D1aT & it leaves the house in a very well-travelled Calton.....but upstairs he has the Collings case which he will never use....but certainly won't sell.

markT

Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 pm

I, for one, would pay the price for the Collings case. When I got my SJ, I ask if a Collings case was on the horizon. I was told no. They just don't sell enough of that model.
Mark @ Collings suggested I get a Calton case, which I ordered through TME. It's a great rugged case. But the size and weight is crazy compared to my Collings cases. I should have stuck with the TKL.....but I am spoiled by the Collings cases.

Glad I have a nice stash of Collings guitars and Collings cases.

I just wish they made them for the electrics! Think how small and light they would be.

ny lefty

Mon May 27, 2019 1:24 pm

I believe they are worth the cost. I don't think they should be compared to Calton or Hoffee. These are not travel cases. I look at them much like Elliott capos. They are jewelry. They don't offer advantages in function, but rather appearance and style. They are luxurious and some people just like nicer (looking) things.

I have an OM version that I'd like to trade for a dread version. My listing is in the accessory buy and sell section. :)

Georgelange

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:35 pm

I have heard that one can buy a guitar case directly from the factory so I hope to get a couple down the road

AllThumbsBruce

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm

In our tour of the Collings factory last week (thanks Steve!), I heard the same thing about the cases. That is, they will be sold independently of guitars. They looked nice - I really liked the latches. They are a lot smaller than the normal cases, which would be handy for car trips. Steve also made the case (ha ha) that the tops are way stiffer than those on the regular cases.

Haasome

Now Available — Collings Made Case Information *UPDATE*

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:49 pm

They are now available direct from Collings for $995. Looks like quite a few in stock.

https://store.collingsguitars.com/colle ... 6602401a2e
Paul

zerb

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:54 pm

I got an email today from Collings confirming that their traditional cases are now available for individual sale. Here's the text of the email:

We're excited to announce that Collings Traditional cases are now available for individual sale! These original vintage-style cases are handcrafted in-house to exacting standards for a precise fit for your Collings instrument. Our current inventory is limited; however, additional cases will be made available through our web store as they move through production. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list for an out of stock model, please contact us at orders@collingsguitars.com or by phone at (512) 288-7776 and we can notify you when the case is available.