Pickup help... OM3A

WarrenJacobs

Pickup help... OM3A

Thu May 23, 2019 10:11 pm

I fell in love with the sound of this guitar in person. After purchasing and installing the Anthem I've never been satisfied with the flat tone. I run wirelessly and need an option that works for that use. WHAT PICKUPS ARE YOU USING THAT YOU'RE PLEASED WITH?
Attachments
IMG_9288-3.jpg

markT

Re: Pickup help... OM3A

Sun May 26, 2019 11:04 pm

I had a Lowden with a factory installed Anthem and it was the best sounding electrified acoustic I'd ever heard.

I've had K&K Pure Mini's in two Collings. I love the minimalistic simplicity, but the string volume balance was never good enough for me. Sold them both.

In the process of installing a Trance Amulet in my SJ. I put it in with the temporary tape to get it adjusted perfect before the permanent tape. I was not crazy about it, but have not given up on it. I got stuck on a home remodel project and it's been sitting a while. Need to get back to that SJ.

pjkesq

Re: Pickup help... OM3A

Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 am

WarrenJacobs wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:11 pm I fell in love with the sound of this guitar in person. After purchasing and installing the Anthem I've never been satisfied with the flat tone. I run wirelessly and need an option that works for that use. WHAT PICKUPS ARE YOU USING THAT YOU'RE PLEASED WITH?

I have a Fishman Matrix Infinity in my Martin M30 and my Collings OM2 SS VN. I love it! But I do think you need a good preamp to dial in your sound as the pickup is very sensitive. But once you have the settings you like, it is superb.