What CAPO?!?

law

Re: What CAPO?!?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm

I've never tried an Elliot but I do have a G7th Heritage which looks to be the same design...I'd be super interested to hear from anyone who's tried both the Heritage & the Elliot for a comparison...

https://www.g7th.com/heritage

FreeBlues

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 pm

I posted earlier on this thread that I'd briefly owned the Heritage, as well as being a long time user of various Elliott capos. I was very excited about the promise of the Heritage - the ability to adapt to various radii - and anxious to try it out. The Heritage was nice, great piece of work, but I found it slightly muted the tone. Subtle I know, but I could hear it. I sold it after a couple months as it just did not sound as good.

What I love about the Elliott is how clear and clean it is all over the neck. I use a capo a LOT in the band I'm in and, for me, nothing works or sounds as good as the Elliott.

markT

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm

I am well pleased with my Elliotts and see no reason to change or look elsewhere.
I love the functionality, tone, build quality and appearance. I also like the fact that they are made in the USA, hand built, one at a time.

The Heritage looks like a well made unit, but what bothers me is the silicon neck pad. That might create issues with a lacquered neck as on the Traditional lineup.

elkabong

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:58 pm

I had ordered a G7 Heritage a few weeks before Xmas. The store's online site said-"Not in stock. 10 delivery period" . I called last week, well over a month after ordering only to be told that they're still not in stock. Really?!?!?!? I cancelled the order & have ordered an Elliott.... Hopefully it'll get here quicker!

Hokiebob

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 am

As an insurance company ad says; maybe you need a different dealer not a different capo. Even on Ebay there are 4 models in stock at dealers and ready to ship today.
Bob

Haasome

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:33 pm

As I said earlier in this thread, I own and like both capos. Regarding shipment, I typically wait 1-2 weeks for delivery of both makes. However, I ordered an Elliott (ordered direct) and a G7 Heritage (ordered through Amazon) on December 8 and received the Heritage on January 4 and the Elliott just yesterday January 23. I offer this not as a criticism, but simply to share my experience. Good things can take time. I called and Mellisa Elliott explained that a combination of holidays and low inventories caused the Elliott delay. I was fine with the wait.
Paul

elkabong

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm

oops...
Last edited by elkabong on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elkabong

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Hokiebob wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 am As an insurance company ad says; maybe you need a different dealer not a different capo. Even on Ebay there are 4 models in stock at dealers and ready to ship today.
I did see the ones on eBay, but they're all at least $20.00 more there than the MSRP + S&H; so not great prices. On top of that; I'm in Canada looking at about a 35% exchange rate right now. So $169.00 USD + $228.15 CDN. Up here, the G7 Heritage sells for $175.00 CDN; so obviously a better way to go. PLUS; when having items imported from the USA, there's a good possibility of duties, taxes & brokerage fees ON TOP OF the price of the capo itself... :shock:

I love being in Canada & I'm a proud Canadian, but our dollar SUCKS!!!! LOL! :lol:

I think I'll be happy with my Elloitt Hybrid.

19th Avenue Tone

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:02 am

Neck width question: looking for a new capo for my (new to me) 2012 Collings OM1 1 & 3/4" modified V neck. Is there a certain Elliot, Shubb, etc. that you'd recommend? Or is the neck width/shape OK with any capo in your opinion?

THANKS

Fidalgo

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 am

Contact Melisa at Elliot, and she can make the recommendation for the specifications. I know she is going to suggest a 17" radius for a Collings. I just received an Elliot Elite in wide for my DS1 with a 1 13/16" neck, and it's perfect. I am going to order another Elite in 1 3/4" for my D1T when they reopen next week. One of our fellow forum members told me that Melissa suggested that the Traditional neck requires a tweak to the sides in order to capo up to the 7th fret. He was very happy with his capo following Melisa's advice. I have a feeling that the standard mod v neck will work with a with standard 1 3/4" Elliot capo with a 17" radius. Good luck.