Fretboard Journal Podcast - Steve McCreary of Collings Guitars

maplebaby

Re: Fretboard Journal Podcast - Steve McCreary of Collings Guitars

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 am

just listened...thanks for the link!

Red Oak

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 am

I always enjoy listening to Steve. He’s modest but sooo knowledgeable.

Thanks for posting.

northernbreed

Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:57 pm

That was excellent - thanks for posting it. I guess I was running around Austin right about the same time Steve was. Good times.

Cedar

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:04 pm

I'm 25 minutes in and so far no talk about Collings guitars... I mean, maybe this sort of podcast about someone's personal life and musical tastes is interesting for others, but not really my cup of tea.

Red Oak

Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Cedar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:04 pm I'm 25 minutes in and so far no talk about Collings guitars... I mean, maybe this sort of podcast about someone's personal life and musical tastes is interesting for others, but not really my cup of tea.
Can’t please everyone but nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for posting!

Greg Y

Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:54 pm

"I'm 25 minutes in and so far no talk about Collings guitars
Cedar, I've know Steve McCreary for over 20 years, since a saturday in November when he gave me and my girlfriend a tour of the shop because we were only in Austin for the weekend. While Bill was the shop & all-things-technical guy, Steve has been the people person. Together they were a formidable team. Steve has always been the guy who made sure to ask what you needed, what little detail might have been forgotten. He set the standard for dealer & customer care. Nowadays Angela, Alex & Mark are there but in the beginning, Steve did it all. And yet, we didn't know much about Steve. For all those of us who have been on receiving end of Steve's generosity and talents, it was nice to finally hear a little about him and his background. A lot has been written about both Bill & Collings guitars. There are lots of youtube videos on the shop and both acoustics and electrics, Fretboard Journal podcasts, so there are places to go for all the tech details, but lots of us have looked forward a long time to hearing a little about Steve.

beemerboy

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:39 pm

I too thought it was nice to get some background on Steve. He seems to be incredibly nice guy!