Direct comparison between standard ad "T" models?

pto

Re: Direct comparison between standard ad "T" models?

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am

i owned a few traditionals over time since they were introduced - just sold the last (doesn't mean i'm done with them). i do love them, but when it came down to parting with an instrument, i have so far ended up always siding with the "original." a factor for me actually was the neck: but the finish more than the shape/size. i always found the finish to "stick" a little compared to the collings poly and indeed other makers' glossy nitrocellulose. there was a thread on the feel of the traditional's neck finish on the old forum... but that is long gone, of course. could just be a chemistry thing with me, although i've never experienced it before with glossy nitro, and there was no change to the hardness or luster of the exquisite Traditional finish. i guess the only reason i'm posting this is that i wish i could reread that old thread to satisfy my curiosity! fab guitars, and the cj-45 T will be tempting to try. too tempting, perhaps:)

jackorion

Re: Direct comparison between standard ad "T" models?

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:56 pm

pto wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am i owned a few traditionals over time since they were introduced - just sold the last (doesn't mean i'm done with them). i do love them, but when it came down to parting with an instrument, i have so far ended up always siding with the "original." a factor for me actually was the neck: but the finish more than the shape/size. i always found the finish to "stick" a little compared to the collings poly and indeed other makers' glossy nitrocellulose. there was a thread on the feel of the traditional's neck finish on the old forum... but that is long gone, of course. could just be a chemistry thing with me, although i've never experienced it before with glossy nitro, and there was no change to the hardness or luster of the exquisite Traditional finish. i guess the only reason i'm posting this is that i wish i could reread that old thread to satisfy my curiosity! fab guitars, and the cj-45 T will be tempting to try. too tempting, perhaps:)
It must be a chemistry thing as I find the T neck finish to be one of the the smoothing playing necks I've played! Even my Martin OM28v which started off as satin nitro and now is full gloss from 10+ years of playing doesn't feel as smooth...