No More Collings Cases?

GreatWestern

Re: No More Collings Cases?

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:37 am

Smart move on that CJ35 case. I have been tempted to do the same although I don’t need another guitar. But a CJ45 in a Collings case seems like the apex of guitar bliss!

We may see fewer and fewer of these included with sales of used models now that they’re un-obtanium.

adirondack&spruce

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:54 am

Yes a CJ45 in the vintage case would be awesome, but those 45T's are top dollar. Hopefully i can get one eventually. Im looking forward to real player reviews soom once they are in the guitarist hands.

I agree too, that we'll probaly see less and less cases for used Collings online or they will be priced higher accordingly

It would of been cool if they didnt stop making the cases and started to offer different colors of fabric inside. A vintage yellowish lining would be make me reach for my wallet

Wproffitt

Sat May 01, 2021 12:45 am

So, today I took my 2020 OM1-t out of the house for the first time since I bought it in November. The TKL case it came with certainty is heavy, but I’m not sure how well made it is as the vinyl on the handle started pulling out where it meets the D-rings that hold it to the case. This is the first time I’ve actually used the case, so I’m not filled with confidence. Should I contact Collings or my dealer? I’m just annoyed that this happened with the first use of a case that came with a guitar at this price point. Thoughts?

TravH

Sat May 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Wproffitt wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:45 am So, today I took my 2020 OM1-t out of the house for the first time since I bought it in November. The TKL case it came with certainty is heavy, but I’m not sure how well made it is as the vinyl on the handle started pulling out where it meets the D-rings that hold it to the case. This is the first time I’ve actually used the case, so I’m not filled with confidence. Should I contact Collings or my dealer? I’m just annoyed that this happened with the first use of a case that came with a guitar at this price point. Thoughts?
Yep!

Let Collings know. They will at least hook you up with TKL and they are pretty good about standing behind their product.

That quality shouldn't be!

Frankly I am baffled why Collings uses the TKLs they do. Martin seems to ship with a similar but MUCH nicer case....

6l6

Sun May 02, 2021 3:24 pm

My advice is to sell that case off and get a Hiscox Pro II case.

Darn near bulletproof (I've put mine to the test for the past 8 years with heavy (prepandemic) international travel) and equipped with "D" rings to hook a shoulder strap to.

All of my acoustics now live in Hiscox Pro II cases and i've sold all the factory cases off on my local CL. No regrets!

Bill

Greg Y

Sun May 02, 2021 11:50 pm

Bill, you're definitely the poster boy for Hiscox....

Red Oak

Tue May 04, 2021 6:10 pm

6l6 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:24 pm My advice is to sell that case off and get a Hiscox Pro II case.

Darn near bulletproof (I've put mine to the test for the past 8 years with heavy (prepandemic) international travel) and equipped with "D" rings to hook a shoulder strap to.

All of my acoustics now live in Hiscox Pro II cases and i've sold all the factory cases off on my local CL. No regrets!

Bill
Hard to disagree with your advice. You've convinced me that Hiscox Pro II is the way to go!!

DenverSteve

Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:01 am

Old thread but new information. A local shop has one OM Traditional case for sale. The price is $900. He had two but a friend of mine purchased the other one. Grab it if you want one.
The owner is Kit.
the Olde Town Pickin' Parlor
Arvada, CO
(303) 421-2304
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........

Flakyfoont

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:42 pm

I've sold the stock TKL Collings branded cases and replaced them with the far superior and light weight Hiscox Pro ll, too. And it fits a D or slope equally well!
It can be found for under $300 shipped.

JohnB

Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Can't imagine ever selling one of mine. Plenty practical, elegant and, because of his passion for them, what feels like a direct link to Bill Collings.