Recommended Collings Repair?

UncleJesse

Recommended Collings Repair?

Mon May 24, 2021 8:00 pm

I need to get a neck reset done on a Collings Clarence White Brazilian and wanted to find someone who is well established with Collings repair. I do not believe anyone in my area (St. Louis) really does this work with any regularity. Pat DiBurro was recommended and I have dropped him a line but heard he's very backed up. Any other recommendations? I'm willing to ship to a good repair person.

Greg Y

Re: Recommended Collings Repair?

Mon May 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Give Mark Althans a call at Collings. Either he can give you a recommendation on someone in your area....or maybe Collings will do it. On my visits there, I've always seen some older Collings in for repair, and the crew are always happy to look at an older well-used Collings with admiration.

UncleJesse

Tue May 25, 2021 12:54 pm

I did speak with Mark. Collings is not accepting repair work outside of warranty. The only person they really recommended was Pat Diburro who has appointments but not until October. I was seeing who else might be highly regarded.

MSEV

Tue May 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Micah Bruce worked for Collings for quite a while and is in his own shop in Omaha area while also spending Friday afternoons at the local Collings store, Lidgett Music in Council Bluffs, IA. He is highly recommended as a luthier and for his work with Collings (and other guitars). https://www.bruceandsons.com/
Many of us were very pleased when he returned to the Omaha area.
Bob K
Omaha

Mr. Jelly

Wed May 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Thanks MSEV

I live up the freeway from Omaha and always like to know about good luthiers in the area.