They’re Back!!!

Indigoblues

They’re Back!!!

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:58 pm

I’ve seen several NEW Collings ukuleles for sale around the web. Apparently Collings decided to make another batch?!?! I’ve seen only UC-1’s and UT-1’s. Anyone see any -2 or -3 series ukes? Any more info available?

I think it’s great that Collings has made more ukuleles. They are such fun instruments and was sad when they were temporarily discontinued. Hope this news will brighten your day, too. :)

markT

Re: They’re Back!!!

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Indigoblues wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:58 pm I’ve seen several NEW Collings ukuleles for sale around the web. Apparently Collings decided to make another batch?!?! I’ve seen only UC-1’s and UT-1’s. Anyone see any -2 or -3 series ukes? Any more info available?

I think it’s great that Collings has made more ukuleles. They are such fun instruments and was sad when they were temporarily discontinued. Hope this news will brighten your day, too. :)
We may see some new ones out there lately, but they are not currently in production according to TME. And apparently just the 1 series. Here is a description of one they have for sale at the moment.
"DESCRIPTION
Classically understated, the 1 series ukuleles from Collings have a very traditional appearance, with a satin finish and an unbound body and neck. While they're not currently in production, Collings has released a limited number of style-1 Koa ukes; and we're happy to have a few of them available for purchase! This UC1 features all-solid Koa construction, with a rosewood bridge and fingerboard, yielding a warm, articulate sound that'll please uke players and Collings fans alike. It's priced with a hard case from Collings!"

https://themusicemporium.com/ukuleles/c ... oa_ukulele

pto

Re: They’re Back!!!

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:02 am

i believe when they have time, they build one or two from parts/partial-builds left over in the shop; the space Bill took over to work on his vehicles.