K&K Pickup with external Jack

Zach

K&K Pickup with external Jack

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Anyone install the K&K with External Jack on their Collings? I did, glued everything in place, and installed the external jack only to find out that now i'm struggling to close the hard case. I think that It will close....but I don't really want to force it. Am I the only one running into this issue? I see tons of pros with external jacks on their mandos...maybe the flight cases just have more room. I'm currently using a reunion blues gig bag so its not much of an issue but there have been times it would be nice to use the hardcase...

Zach

Re: K&K Pickup with external Jack

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:14 pm

So out of 2000+ views i'm the only person to have this problem? I think the external jack plus the toneguard is just too much. I think i'll change the external jack out

maplebaby

Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:59 pm

I have the same rig...but I use a Calton Case, I have zero issues. BTW I love the pickup in my Mando.

ToddLetcher

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:48 pm

I have a Collings MF with a ToneGard.
It fits in the standard Collings case but seems a bit too tall to close the lid as easily as without the ToneGard.
I reluctantly decided to remove the ToneGard when I put my mandolin in the case and vlose the lid because I think it will otherwise put pressure on the top.
To be clear, it takes some force to close the lid with the ToneGard and it takes NO force to close the lid without the ToneGard.
I probably could have worded this better but I am sleep deprived. Lol
Be well everyone...
Todd