Wallace Robert Anderson Hollow Body W/Bigsby

Drawbarbarian

Wallace Robert Anderson Hollow Body W/Bigsby

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:25 am

Beautiful hand-made guitar from Tennessee. I'm not interested in trades unless it involves an I-30 with a Bigsby. Here's the long and short of it:

This is an incredibly rare, high quality, hand made instrument from David Wallace in Niota, Tennessee. These almost never come up for sale on the used market. New they are in the $6K range with a 13 month wait. Designed alongside and as a signature model for Robert Anderson the AT-1030 excels at Chet Atkins style playing and is played by numerous Nashville musicians. It is very adept, if not derivative of classic Gibson ES and Gretsch style and function. It would be very much at home in any jazz setting as well.

Purchased in 2015 this example features a stunning red finish on the laminate spruce top and maple back/sides. The 3 piece neck is almost dizzying to look at with all the flame. 1 3/4" nut width. Schaller machine heads and straplock buttons. The neck profile is a slim taper akin to 60s Gibson. Ebony fingerboard with Super 400 style inlays. The thin heel provides unlimited access to all frets up the neck.
Lindy Fralin pickups-7.5K neck, 8.5K bridge.

Condition
This guitar has been played and has a nice feel. There are cosmetic signs of use in finish marks, and some wear on the gold Bigsby and pickup covers. I have more pics on request. Be advised there is a lot of glare in these pics that should not be confused with damage. The frets have very minimal wear.
All that said the guitar has been well taken care of. No cracks, repairs or modifications have been done. It is clean and plays excellent with 1/8" action on both the treble and bass sides at the 12th fret. New .11-.49 gauge strings installed.
Includes original TKL hard case. $3500 + $100 shipping to the lower 48.
IMG_1758.jpg
Attachments
IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg (31.47 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1792.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
IMG_1776.jpg
IMG_1775.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg