UK Sale: OM2h ss vn £2750

jackorion

UK Sale: OM2h ss vn £2750

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Hey all,

Needs must and I've decided I'm going down to two guitars so this beautiful Collings needs to be moved on..

It’s an OM2h ss vn - so it’s a short scale (24.9”) with the ‘vintage now’ neck which means it has a nut width of 1 3/4” and a bridge spacing of 2 5/16” and the neck shape is Collings modified V shape.

It’s a sitka top with Indian rosewood back and sides and it has a K&K Pure Mini pickup installed.

I bought it from Coda Music in 2016 but I think it’s a 2015 serial number - it has Bill Collings’ signature on the label.

I’d say it was 7.5/10 in terms of condition (and that’s my ex-retail opinion, not your average eBayer rating!) - I’ve played it a lot and gigged it some too so there’s some light surface scratches and one area on the lower bout with a bit more of a swirly scratch (I’ve tried to show it in the photos but it’s difficult - I think it would buff out if you took it to a good luthier).

There are some small dings on the headstock and some marks around the tuners from where I’ve used a string winder during string changes, but, from three feet away, you’d think it was nearly new.

It’s a really nice sounding guitar that’s opened up a fair amount in the years I’ve had it - it obviously had that Collings upper-mid and treble clarity, but the bass is good too (better than my Collings OM2hT which is still breaking in!).

This guitar would be well over £4000 (just a regular OM2h is nearly £4,500 now!) but I’m after £2750 for it. It has a Collings TKL hardcase as well obviously.

Images here:

www.dropbox.com/sh/4igx5jgb57snrtd/AAAi ... VIDsa?dl=0

jackorion

Re: UK Sale: OM2h ss vn £2750

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm

sold