SOLD - Collings I-35 LC Deluxe ~ Mint ~ Faded Cherry

bighandman

SOLD - Collings I-35 LC Deluxe ~ Mint ~ Faded Cherry

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 pm

2013 Collings I-35 LC Deluxe. Without a doubt, this is one of - if not THE - nicest guitar I've ever owned. Amazing build quality and tone. It's is the LC (laminated construction) version, which supposedly resists feedback better and tends to generate a more focused tone. Finished in "Faded Cherry" nitrocellulose lacquer and weighing in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces. Grained ivoroid binding on the body, neck ,and headstock. Neck is made of Mahogany, with the Collings standard 24-7/8 inch scale and a medium/fat C-shape neck. Depth measurements are .865 inches at the first fret and .995 inches at the twelfth. The Indian Rosewood fretboard has a 12 inch radius, a 1-11/16" nut, medium frets, and upgraded mother of pearl parallelogram inlays. Pickups are Lollar Standard Imperial humbuckers. Electronics feature DiMarzio 500k pots, Xicon caps, and a 50's style wiring setup. The bridge is a TonePros AVR and the tuners are Gotohs with ivoroid buttons. The control knobs and truss rod cover are also ivoroid and are custom-made in the Collings shop, an upgraded included in the Deluxe models.

Obviously, this axe is based on the ES formula, but has been built with amazing attention to detail. The playability is off the charts and the you can coax a wide range of tones . This guitar has been treated with impeccable care and is in near mint condition, with no significant issues or flaws. The frets are in superb condition as well. It comes in its original Collings/Ameritage case.

As people on this forum know, a new model with these features now goes for over $7K. This is a superb used guitar in mint condition for far less.

Listing for $5,000 shipped, all-in, to the continental USA only. I pack instruments very carefully for transit/shipment. My home studio is smoke-free and our dog never goes in there. I have other images of this guitar if you're interested - DM me.

Feel free to ask any questions, but please note that I am not interested in trades. Just looking to sell and reduce my collection. Also I'm new to this forum but have been selling on Reverb and eBay for users, with 100% positive / 5-star feedback. Thanks.

Last bumped by bighandman on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 pm.