Sold Rare I-35LC with P90s

Gabrielguitar

Sold Rare I-35LC with P90s

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:24 pm

SOLD

This guitar is a rare treat. Very few I35LC were made with P90s.
This guitar is an absolute joy to play. The neck is so smooth and the action can do as low as you'd like. My luthier was amazed at how solidly this guitar was built. Sounds great in each position.
There is a little nick on the right corner of the headstock. I tried to show it clearly on the photo. It's very small and almost unoticeable.

From The Collings Website:
I-35 LC The I-35 LC is the result of a custom laminated construction technique that Bill Collings and his R&D team developed in pursuit of the best tonal qualities of vintage semi-hollow guitar design. When crafting instruments designed to be used electrically at higher volumes, the resonant qualities of a guitar need a high degree of focus to achieve some of the classic semi-hollow guitar tones. The I-35 LC is the first of a line of laminate instruments designed to respond acoustically in perfect harmony with their electronics. Custom crafted in house for each guitar, the Collings laminate line has provided another unique way for us to voice our instruments for superior response and tone. The I-35 LC features a custom laminate maple top, sides and back and an all mahogany neck. The I-35 LC is among our most articulate and versatile electric models.

Specifications Construction Semi hollow w/ maple center block Body Maple laminate Top Maple laminate Neck Honduran mahogany Body Binding Non-grained ivoroid
Peghead Binding None Bridge Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)Tailpiece Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)Fingerboard Rosewood w/ MOP dots Fingerboard Radius12"SoundholeF-holes (unbound)PickupsP90sPots/Cap s DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow Knobs Amber or black top hat Pickup Rings Cream or blackNut1 11/16"Scale Length24 7/8"Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo Peghead Profile Haircut Tuners Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo Wiring 50s style Guitar Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Pickguard Black/Cream/Black Truss Rod Cover Black/Cream/Black Case Deluxe hard shell case by Ameritage
Attachments
Collings Small Registration.jpg
Collings Small Registration.jpg (53.87 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Collings small  in Case.jpg
Collings small in Case.jpg (135.72 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Collings Small Headstock.jpg
Collings Small Headstock.jpg (51.57 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Collings Small Back.jpg
Collings Small Back.jpg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Collings Small Body.jpg
Collings Small Body.jpg (108.32 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Collings Small Full.jpg
Collings Small Full.jpg (98.6 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Last edited by Gabrielguitar on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Red Oak

Re: Rare I-35LC with P90s

Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:06 pm

Nice guitar. Thanks for pointing out the nick on the peghead. Stuff like that happens.

Good luck with the sale.