Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI Wildwood Thin Skin Roasted Maple....

TravH

Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI Wildwood Thin Skin Roasted Maple....

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:07 pm

HI,

$1550 obo

Free shipping!

Paypal or ???

Made in USA. Bought new by me in 2019. I'm only owner

This is a Thin Skin ’52 Telecaster American Vintage Reissue based on the old ’52 Black Guards. Beautiful Butterscotch Blonde Thin Skin.

Let’s talk about the Thin Skin! This is a special order from Wildwood Guitars. The thin skin is cool as it will naturally relic over time. Oddly this one only has a few scrapes and pick dings! The point is you get a thin skin if you want your guitar to age like the old 1950s Telecasters! You actually have to look rather close to see any finish wear so far. Any anomalies with the finish in the photos are reflections. Any blemishes are too small to register in the photos. I can provide higher resolution images of any nicks upon request off the forum.

The neck is pristine! 100% PERFECT without a scratch! Killer roasted maple that is incredibly stable which is important in Arizona where it's spent most of its life ! No fret wear and no fret popping from humidity changes. Perfectly stable! Has the beefier '52 profile which generally appeals to us acoustic first types who play 1 3/4" Collings necks! It's 9.5" radius

Tone wise it comes with two Twisted Tele pick ups with are pretty darned cool! I played mostly through a ’57 Tweed Champ and it lacks nothing!

I ditched the original “hard-shell” case and they are Hardly hard-shell! I instead keep it in a high quality gig bag. A Mono M80 which retails for $150. Super high quality with neck reinforcement! This is included. I could probably scare up a case if you insist.

Comes with all original paper work and COA. I think I ditched the ash tray....

So why sell? I stumbled upon a Custom Shop Telecaster, Broadcaster actually I always wanted and am a full time RV’er so space a concern.

This guitar retails for $2200 and only available through Wildwood guitars and they’ve been out of stock for months. Google “Greg Koch American Vintage Thin Skin Roasted 1952 Telecaster” for a video of his review of it. Spoiler: He LOVES IT!

So there ya go! Please contact me here and I can my email and phone number to give further details!

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0127.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg