2011 Collings OM2H A VN

decaf

2011 Collings OM2H A VN

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:32 am

For sale is my 2011 Collings OM2H A VN. This was made when Bill Collings was still active in the company, and this guitar bears his signature on the label. This guitar features an upgraded Adirondack Spruce top and Collings Vintage Now neck profile. The Adirondack top gives this guitar incredible headroom and makes it a versatile instrument. The top also features beautiful silking and a few subtle spots resembling "bear claw" figure. The Vintage Now neck gives the guitar a 1 3/4" nut width and just a hair under 2 5/16" string spacing at the bridge. The guitar features beautiful strait grain Indian Rosewood back and sides.

The guitar is in amazing condition. It is only distinguishable from new due to 2 tiny 1/16" indentations in the top, and light swirling on the pickguard and back. The guitar has minimal fret wear that does not even show up on camera. Since I have owned the guitar, it has been kept in its case when not in use, and has been kept in a smoke-free, pet-free, climate controlled environment.

The guitar is all original, the only thing that I have had done, was I had the luthier at The Music Emporium (a licensed Collings tech), add a strap button.

The guitar has a beautiful and complex harmonic structure with a nice, solid fundamental. This would make the perfect guitar for bluegrass, jazz, and fingerstyle musicians alike.

I created a video showcasing the sound of the guitar. However, the sound does not do this guitar justice.

https://youtu.be/6KfoE80nDjU

I am only selling this guitar to finance the purchase of another instrument and it is a bit of a redundancy in my collection, otherwise I would keep it.

Comes with original Collings branded TKL case.

Asking $5300 (includes shipping). Open to reasonable offers, no trades.

More photos available upon request. I would also be able to facetime or skype to allow the customer to inspect the instrument.