WTB: Collings traditional dreadnought case

Little Strummer Boy

WTB: Collings traditional dreadnought case

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:39 am

Looking for a Collings traditional case with the BLUE-ISH interior, but I may consider a purple if I can get a good deal on it. If you have a blue-ish, would you be willing to sale or trade for a purple/magenta?

pto

Re: WTB: Collings traditional dreadnought case

Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:26 pm

my 2 dreadnought cases are a bluish purple (if that's a thing). #21 vs #266. i have a much more recent 0 12-fret case that is REALLY purple. so maybe the D cases are what you are talking about. i noticed this week that ALL of Collings cases are listed as out of stock now. wonder what they are doing with the facility.

Greg Y

Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 pm

" i noticed this week that ALL of Collings cases are listed as out of stock now. wonder what they are doing with the facility."
Collings has always been tight on space in the shop. The building where the cases were being made was (as I was told) going to be shared with the Waterloo production. There are more Waterloo models , so that will take up space. I'm sure all the case forms etc have not been mothballed..... Maybe i'll find out more when I'm in Austin in a few weeks.

Little Strummer Boy

Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:34 pm

pto, I think that’s the color I’m after. I’ve seen pictures of a blueish purple, pictures of the REALLY purple, and a few pictures of a really true-blue color. I’m wondering if the true-blue and the blueish purple are the same color under different light. I sent you a PM for information.