FORUM INTRODUCTIONS

HD-Dude

Re: FORUM INTRODUCTIONS

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Glad to join this forum! I appreciate Collings guitars, and look forward to hearing what you all have to say about them.

Been playing all my life. My first guitar was a 1969 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top, which I bought after shoveling snow all winter to raise the money.

After that, lots of others. But in about 2000 I discovered Collings, and I've never looked back. I've owned the 0001, in Sitka and mahagony, the SJ - with Sitka top and flame maple body. When the economy crashed I had to sell them, and many other guitars. But now the economy is back and I'm rebuilding my stable.

I now own a 2017 Collings SJ in Sitka and rosewood, and a 2018 0002H in Sitka and rosewood. Bought both brand new. I bought the 0002H after taking the factory tour in Austin...the experience was so positive, I bought the 0002H within a week.

Again, glad to be here on the Collings forum.

Thanks
2019 Martin D-45 - Custom Shop, 1-7/8" neck - being built
2018 Collings 0002H - Sitka & Rosewood
2017 Collings SJ - Sitka & Rosewood
1969 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop (original owner!)
1972 Ovation Folklore
1970 Sigma DR-7 Dreadnought

TStop

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 am

Thanks to the people who worked in bringing the CGF back. Kudos to EL, KK and others.

Melodion_Accordian

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 am

Glad to discover the Collings forum is back on line.

I don't own a Collings but I would surely like to try one out. My region (Fox Cities in Wisconsin) doesn't have many Collings to try, so I would have to travel somewhere, probably within the state would be possible, to find a Collings and give it a test ride.

I imagine a Collings has a bit more raw power and sound than a Martin, and is totally incomparable to a Gibson, the two brands that I currently play.

I am really looking forward to a chance to find a town (guitar store) where they would have a Collings to give it a test drive.

I'm cured of G.A.S. but only when it comes to Martins and Gibsons, I don't have a Collings, so, I'm definitely not immuned to that disease if a new guitar maker comes along and gets my attention.

Melodion_Accordian
Melodion_Accordian

Haasome

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:08 am

Melodion_Accordian wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 am
Glad to discover the Collings forum is back on line.

I don't own a Collings but I would surely like to try one out. My region (Fox Cities in Wisconsin) doesn't have many Collings to try, so I would have to travel somewhere, probably within the state would be possible, to find a Collings and give it a test ride.

I imagine a Collings has a bit more raw power and sound than a Martin, and is totally incomparable to a Gibson, the two brands that I currently play.

I am really looking forward to a chance to find a town (guitar store) where they would have a Collings to give it a test drive.

I'm cured of G.A.S. but only when it comes to Martins and Gibsons, I don't have a Collings, so, I'm definitely not immuned to that disease if a new guitar maker comes along and gets my attention.

Melodion_Accordian
Welcome to the Collings Forum. It looks like there are at least 3 dealer locations in your state.

Paul

Melodion_Accordian

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:53 am

Awesome, thanks for the information
Melodion_Accordian