Wireless Guitar Cable

Frank Sanns

Wireless Guitar Cable

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 am

I think the title is an oxymoron but I am curious what the consensus is with these units. It seems like a great idea to eliminate cables going everywhere but how do they work? Any suggestions on a good system?

My concerns are for latency, frequency response, and dynamic range. I was thinking of using one for the guitar to the effects peddle and another from the effects peddle to the amp. Some of the latencies that I have seen can be up in the 30 ms range. Doubling that with two starts to get a little behind the beat.

I do some Radio Control aircraft and latency in the controls or the POV video can be really a problem. Curious what experience you all have with the wireless systems.

Mwyates

Re: Wireless Guitar Cable

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 pm

I’ve been using a Line 6 Relay G50 wireless for a couple of years. I wouldn’t want to go back to a cable. Transmitter is in a pouch on my strap and the receiver is on a pedal board at my feet with my in ear wireless transmitter, direct box, and a couple of other things.

Never had any issues, but I’m always within 30 feet of my board.

Frank Sanns

Re: Wireless Guitar Cable

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm

That looks like a really nice unit. I am a big fan of Line 6 gear so I will take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestion.