Greetings!

keithrockerboblewis

Greetings!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Howdy new Collings Forum. In a different life and time, I was an early member of Ed's Collings forum. I mostly disappeared because life kept getting in the way. I vanished online for a few years when I had a major hearing loss from Meniere's disease. My hearing took my sanity with it, and I remained a recluse for several years, not doing much of anything with music, or anything for that matter. I'm somewhat better now, but my hearing still sucks.

I was Rockerbob on the original Collings forum.

Keith

elambo

Re: Greetings!

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Heya Keith -- it's great to see you back again. Sorry to hear about the hearing issue. Will it continue to improve over time?

kurtdrum

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Thank you Elambo for resurrecting the Forum ! I've missed it. 🤓

dadthrash

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 pm

keithrockerboblewis wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm Howdy new Collings Forum. In a different life and time, I was an early member of Ed's Collings forum. I mostly disappeared because life kept getting in the way. I vanished online for a few years when I had a major hearing loss from Meniere's disease. My hearing took my sanity with it, and I remained a recluse for several years, not doing much of anything with music, or anything for that matter. I'm somewhat better now, but my hearing still sucks.

Keith
Hi Keith,
Welcome back! I too suffer from severe Meniere's Disease! At times completely debilitating! Really messes with Guitar Tone for sure. Anyway, welcome back and hope you are coping with your hearing at the present moment. Mine is 24/7/365!

Best,
Michael
PS...did you ever find anything that helps with the Meniere's Disease?

keithrockerboblewis

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 pm

dadthrash wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:45 pm
keithrockerboblewis wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm Howdy new Collings Forum. In a different life and time, I was an early member of Ed's Collings forum. I mostly disappeared because life kept getting in the way. I vanished online for a few years when I had a major hearing loss from Meniere's disease. My hearing took my sanity with it, and I remained a recluse for several years, not doing much of anything with music, or anything for that matter. I'm somewhat better now, but my hearing still sucks.

Keith
Hi Keith,
Welcome back! I too suffer from severe Meniere's Disease! At times completely debilitating! Really messes with Guitar Tone for sure. Anyway, welcome back and hope you are coping with your hearing at the present moment. Mine is 24/7/365!

Best,
Michael
PS...did you ever find anything that helps with the Meniere's Disease?
I take 3 diuretics twice a day. Then for the brain damage hearing lost caused I take another 4 "sanity" pills. And I still record. I wear hearing aids that I absolutely require, but I hate them with a passion.