WL-S Deluxe

markT

WL-S Deluxe

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Any comments on this little beauty? I have one coming in tomorrow!

zerb

Re: WL-S Deluxe

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 am

I have one and like it a lot. It's small and light and very responsive. To my ears it sounds really nice. Plus it's pretty and the cherry wood smells good! I think you will like it.

Cameleye

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

I think this model is the most versatile of all the Waterloo configurations.

markT

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 pm

I took delivery of this little Deluxe Wednesday afternoon. Been spending a lot of time with it. Really cool little piece. Different than my WL-14 I had for a while, but share some similar qualities as well.
It's warm & mellow, yet very articulate at the same time. And gets rather barky when you dig in. Its very light and lively. Really responsive.
Most demo's feature this guitar finger style. I was worried picking it might not be so great, like the Collings Parlor I had briefly, but it handles my heavy right hand nicely....but loves a light touch too as many comments and reviews say.
I'll get a photo up soon. Another winner!

Lazlo99

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm

My wife kindly offered to buy me any guitar I wanted if/when I finally graduate from college. I have one grad seminar paper left to finish (an incomplete) in order to get my philosophy degree. While visiting my parents near Pittsburgh we stopped at Acoustic Guitar Works and I found THE guitar. I had been considering a National Tri-cone or a SJ-200. But the instant I played the WL-S Deluxe the search was over.

I have nothing bad to say about it (of course, that is based on only one weekend of use). I can say that mine smells like a cigar shoppe. I assume this is from the varnish finish. Puts my Gibson Keb Mo Bluesmaster to shame.

Now I must finish the paper but soooo hard with new guitar....

Eric Jones

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:43 am

Lazlo,

That’s a great story! Congratulations. I’ve thought the WL-S Dlx’s I’ve played have been very good.

markT

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Lazlo99 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm My wife kindly offered to buy me any guitar I wanted if/when I finally graduate from college. I have one grad seminar paper left to finish (an incomplete) in order to get my philosophy degree. While visiting my parents near Pittsburgh we stopped at Acoustic Guitar Works and I found THE guitar. I had been considering a National Tri-cone or a SJ-200. But the instant I played the WL-S Deluxe the search was over.

I have nothing bad to say about it (of course, that is based on only one weekend of use). I can say that mine smells like a cigar shoppe. I assume this is from the varnish finish. Puts my Gibson Keb Mo Bluesmaster to shame.

Now I must finish the paper but soooo hard with new guitar....
Congrats on your new Deluxe! Hope you finished the paper in a timely manner.

Still dig mine and keeps sounding better and BIGGER!