Social Media or Here?

Silly Moustache

Re: Social Media or Here?

Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Hi, I prefer to use dedicated fora, rather than Facebook.
for a start I dolt really understand F/B's methodology, and I'm reluctant to post images of videos for the world to see.
Of course I do post my videos on YouTube, but there is some separation between my Silly (moustache) name and my location.

I'm mainly a Collings user, and I make no apologies for that, but when looking for a Roy Smeck style guitar, it was Santa Cruz that made the best version.

Here is my only Santa Cruz, and a song by Rambling Jack that actually sings about such a guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v77iFWVGnEk

DIAZ

Wed May 15, 2019 8:16 pm

I belong to both. And I think they both have their place in life ... just not the same place.

To me, Facebook is like a stack of Post-It notes. Lots of info and gets the job done despite being a bit messy. The Forum is more like a book. Info is organized and you can easily find what you want or re-read old materials.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
www.collingsgallery.com

elambo

Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Indeed. The linear structure of FB isn't designed for random-access clicking, it's best for steams of news feeds. It's a bit like walking through a guided tour whereas forums are more akin to a free-roaming library.