NGD: 000H ss cut

Dotneck

NGD: 000H ss cut

Wed May 06, 2020 3:27 pm

I bought the 0002H cutaway that's listed in the classifieds. It should be here in a couple days.

I was actually thinking about trying to find another C-10 but the 0002 reminded me of the 000-28vs that I was smitten with years ago. So I pulled the trigger. I haven't been so anxious to see a delivery truck in my neighborhood for a long time!
Attachments
Collings-0002-H-Short-Scale-Cutaway-SN-29850-Image-01-2048x2048.jpg
Last edited by Dotneck on Fri May 08, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllThumbsBruce

Re: NGD: Soon

Thu May 07, 2020 4:09 am

Beautiful guitar! Let us know when it arrives.

Dotneck

Re: NGD: 000H ss cut

Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 pm

She got here safely. Clean as a whistle and seems to be light as a feather...its essentially a brand new guitar. We're going to spend some time getting to know each other.

:D

Now comes the existential self-discussion regarding installing a strap button. I always play with a strap. Even sitting down. It helps me keep the guitar in a comfortable playing position. I may need to discuss this with myself for a couple days.

Also, another question. Do y'all like the ebony bridge pins or do you swap them out for bone?

Hokiebob

Tue May 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Congratulations. That is a beautiful guitar. I hope that it brings you many years of joy and pleasure.

If you always play with a strap then, of course, you'll want a strap button installed. It will in no way diminish the beauty of your guitar nor lesson the value. Be sure to follow the placement recommendations in the Collings Website so that you avoid the neck bolts.

I personally like the stock Ebony Pins but that is strictly a matter of taste. To my ears they compliment the tone of my guitar and I just like the looks. Certainly many other players prefer a different look/sound and perhaps a change in pins might suit you well. If so many folks on here recommend that you try Bob Colosi at http://www.guitarsaddles.com/ He offers a big variety of materials and he is very familiar with Collings guitars and can get you a set that will fit on the first try.
Bob

Dotneck

Tue May 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Yes, I've used Bob Colosi for saddles and pins before. My initial thought, however, is to leave the ebony pins for a while. No need to rush to make a change for the sake of change. See how I feel after a few months...

I did order an ebony strap pin from Stew Mac. Of course I had white and tortoise colored buttons but no ebony in my kit. So that will be going on soon.

I am enjoying her so far...