Waterloo WL-K SOLD

CBarclay

Waterloo WL-K SOLD

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm

I have for sale here a 2017 Waterloo WL-K model made without an adjustable truss rod and weighs about 2lb 13oz - a very light guitar purposely built that way. Very very responsive and full sound. Same size as a Gibson L-00. 12 frets to the body. Incredibly nice Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides.
No modifications have been made to this guitar except for minor setup work at the nut.

Being a ‘lightly built guitar’ Waterloo says to use custom light strings. I have D’Addario Nickel Bronze Light Balanced Tension (147 lbs of tension - similar to most custom light sets) strings on it and it sounds incredible.
This guitar reminds me of several of the Martin Authentic series guitars I’ve played in overall feel and quality of workmanship. It is lightweight, very comfortable to play, responsive, with a wonderful tone and lively feel. It can be loud and sweet. When I first got it I thought it would be too delicate for an occasional hard strum or too quiet to be heard over other instruments. That’s not the case at all. It’s really well built with a dynamic balanced voice.

Full list of specs available on the Waterloo site: https://www.waterlooguitars.com/wl-k/
Except that this is an early model with a carbon fiber truss rod, not an adjustable one.
A few signs of playing here and there but overall in excellent condition. No fret wear. Neck relief is perfect and stable, very comfortable neck and playability is superb. Original Waterloo case included.
$1750 plus shipping or I am willing to meet up to 120 miles from Winston-Salem, NC.
Feel free to contact me at my email address preferably - cbarclayflyrods AT gmail.com
Thank you!
Chris