Pets on Cases

Frank Sanns

Pets on Cases

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:53 pm

I didn't stand the guitar case up today while I was playing. The Norwegian Forest cat (kitten yet) quickly found a home. Excuse the off brand guitar photo. It is a Martin OM case for scale and her rear legs are dangling multiple inches off of the bottom of the case. I didn't realize she had grown this much already but she is catching up to her mother. Soon I may need a flight case to support the weight. :lol:

I am curious what others with pets do with their cases when they are playing.
Attachments
Frank Sanns Forest Cat on Case.jpg

uponamouse

Re: Pets on Cases

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Nice picture! I usually leave my cases closed. My household gained a kitten last summer. During my weekly Zoom practice, I forgot and left the case open once and the kitten jumped right in, grabbed the paper sack of desiccant, ripped it open on the floor, and started eating. That's when I noticed.

I'd like to keep cat hair etc. out of my cases if at all possible. My electric cases are standing up next to the piano, and the kitten likes to sleep on top of them. Not my favorite thing. I just hope he doesn't start marking territory anywhere near or on my guitar cases, or start clawing any.
Cheers, Tom

Frank Sanns

Re: Pets on Cases

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 pm

The cats do not have access to my instruments unless I bring a case out of the rack. Fortunately, they do not mark and actually have a most pleasant smell. Kind of like a new baby. Strange, they are like the Tribbles on Star Trek. This is THE first cat breed I can say that about because my younger memories of neighbors' cats were not good at all. I resisted for a long time but alas we are a happy family now. Still, I don't like them even on a case when I am playing and I NEVER leave the case open. Looks too inviting.

Still, one has to wonder why something new in the room that you don't want to bring attention to is exactly what they are drawn too. Oh the joys and perils of owning a couple of pets.