Amulet pickups

Don Diego de Vargas

Amulet pickups

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:49 am

Elambo my man, glad to be here long time no moderation .
So I wanted to recommend the Trance audio
Amulet series of acoustic guitar pickups . Tons of head room and sparking clarity compared to a KK .These are in andoddderent league They offer a phantom powered model so no annoying battery. They have a stereo model as well. Very simple installation with standard end pin pre amp but with transducers that just double stick tape on . They are amazingl transducers There are tone knobs via the sounhoke if you want that . I don’t I want as little in anguitar as possible in there and the amulet is very non evasive system . but a beast in tone and headroom compared to anything else out there . These are made in a small shop in California and have been popular in professional crowd , but they don’t cost professional money . You can get into one of these for a few hundred more then a KK ,

Rick W

Re: Amulet pickups

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm

+1. I just installed my third Amulet. I used the phantom powered model this time. I’ve tried all the other makers and, to me, the Trance system is head and shoulders above the others.

law

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:01 pm

So guys I’m seeing several different models of the amulet on their website ....mono , stereo etc.

Can you shed any light on the differences, pros and cons?

Rick W

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:31 am

I’d go with the mono, phantom powered version. That’s what I bought the last time. No more batteries, just use phantom power from your PA. The stereo version is more complicated to install and takes a special cable I think.

Red Oak

Sat May 08, 2021 3:07 pm

My Gibson Jackson Browne A model came with a Trance Audio Amulet Pickup System, by far the best I've ever heard!!

The guitar has often been called the "Grand Piano of Acoustic guitars." A true tone monster!!