Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

ripsaw

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 am

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.collingsforum.net. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:16 pm

All is good again. Sorry for the error message.

The website has been down before for the exact same reason. The SSL security certificate for the website has to be renewed periodically.
I pay for this to be done but it seems, I need to notify them do fix it as it is not automatic as it should be. If it is any consolation, it affects ALL of my websites and they all go down. I saw first thing this morning and put a ticket in. It is now all resolved.

As far as the site stealing information, I assure you that I nor the site are trying to get your information. It is a warning that your browser will tell you if you are visiting any site without an SSL security certificate. It used to be that no sites had this unless it was for a confidential transaction like banking. An SSL is not necessary and the old forum did not have this.

I chose to add it here and my other sites only so you can browse in confidence. Had I never chosen to have a certificate, you would most likely not have even seen that message. When the certificate does not agree though or changes, it raises flags and you get DANGER messages. It is good from the stand point of malicious sites so I am not complaining but just saying that you are in good hands here.

Frank

Red Oak

Re: Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:06 am

Forum Admin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:16 pm All is good again. Sorry for the error message.

The website has been down before for the exact same reason. The SSL security certificate for the website has to be renewed periodically.
I pay for this to be done but it seems, I need to notify them do fix it as it is not automatic as it should be. If it is any consolation, it affects ALL of my websites and they all go down. I saw first thing this morning and put a ticket in. It is now all resolved.

As far as the site stealing information, I assure you that I nor the site are trying to get your information. It is a warning that your browser will tell you if you are visiting any site without an SSL security certificate. It used to be that no sites had this unless it was for a confidential transaction like banking. An SSL is not necessary and the old forum did not have this.

I chose to add it here and my other sites only so you can browse in confidence. Had I never chosen to have a certificate, you would most likely not have even seen that message. When the certificate does not agree though or changes, it raises flags and you get DANGER messages. It is good from the stand point of malicious sites so I am not complaining but just saying that you are in good hands here.

Frank
Thank you again for your dedication to this site. We all benefit from your great work!!!