Questions on Collings Traditional Cases

Red Oak

Re: Questions on Collings Traditional Cases

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:10 pm

Georgelange wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:27 am I really miss the Collings traditional cases. I think they are making a big mistake in discontinuing those cases. All the other cases are a let down or really mixes ones are way too expensive for me
It’s been stated many times that Bill and company hit a home run with these cases. Yes, it’s a shame that Collings has stopped making them but I’m sure they had very good reasons for their decision.

In the end, the cases they do use are quality products. And the guitars they are building are better than ever!!!

DenverSteve

Re: Questions on Collings Traditional Cases

Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:24 am

It seems that no one has ever needed to make their own case (or else everyone would). Collings found out pretty quickly that diluting your production capabilities by venturing into cases was an anchor to be rid of. They claimed to never have made any profit on the cases, and if I remember correctly, in the end they were selling on the Collings site for $970. If you're not making money at $970, to do so would have put the cases well over $1,000 and that's pretty rarified air up there. I don't know if the creation of the Collings Traditional case helped TKL clean up their act but the TKL cases I've had over the past several years have been great. I've got one OM2H Ts. One lives in a TKL Collings deluxe case while the other luxuriates in a Collings Traditional case. Both are excellent but the Collings is refined. No perceived difference in protection.
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........