For Sale:Collings OM2H T 2020 Natural, w/K&K Mini & Collings Traditional Handmade Case

DenverSteve

For Sale:Collings OM2H T 2020 Natural, w/K&K Mini & Collings Traditional Handmade Case

Sat May 21, 2022 4:56 pm

PayPal/Shipped CONUS: $5,050 / F&F Shipped $4,950. If you are looking for an articulate, clear, top-tier example of the world-class Collings OM2HT Traditional Sitka, this may be your dream come true. This guitar ships with the sold out Collings Traditional Handmade Case which sells for $1000-$1200 alone - if you could find one. This will be for sale for one week as I leave on tour for a month Thurs. I can ship up to 5/25. IF you could find this case and guitar new it would be $7000. These cases are long gone and will not be manufactured again. THIS IS THE LIMIT OF PHOTOS HERE. PLEASE GO TO REVERB TO SEE MORE PHOTOS. https://reverb.com/item/55242024-collin ... dmade-case

If you're looking for a case-queen this isn't it. I purchased this new from Collings in 2020. It is the best of the best I could find. The less-than-perfect issues clearly show in the photos. There are ~5 spots in the finish bubbles on the back of the neck, and also along the sides of the neck, that developed in its first year. They have been solid & stable and I don't even notice them unless looking. In between a couple of the bubbles are 2 light capo dents which I have to rub the neck to find. None of this affects playing, performance or quality of this instrument. There are also a couple of body indentations that I've shown in the photos from a battle with a mic-stand. There may be a couple more small "rubs" that I haven't been able to photograph. You won't find a world-class performing instrument, from Stradaveri to Collings, that doesn't have some handling marks. Same here. This is a great performing guitar. I photograph dings to show them as bad as possible. They are generally unseen unless looked for. Has K&K Mini pickup installed.

The Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars represent a vintage-inspired tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound, designed and crafted to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted prewar instruments. Bracing and tone-woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.

Part of the vintage charm that the T-Series instruments impart comes from a package of period-correct appointments and features that are unique to the Traditional Series. Each model includes gold mother-of-pearl inlays, genuine wood fiber purfling, custom bridge pins, and subtle golden toner over the entire instrument for an unmistakably classic aesthetic. A number of custom options are also available to meet your individual preferences.

Traditional Voicing and Construction
Great care is taken in hand-selecting lightweight, resonant tone-woods for the Traditional series. Each instrument is then hand-voiced and constructed using bracing carves, tolerances, and techniques specific to the T-Series, all designed to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted pre-war instruments. The result of this alternate approach to construction is a strong fundamental tonality with a dry and articulate pick attack and exceptionally dynamic response.

Fully Redesigned Neck Support
One of the primary functions of the neck is to transfer string energy back into the body of the guitar. Part of the evolution of our Traditional series has been continued research into how neck construction affects the tone, feel, and response of an acoustic instrument. While our Traditional neck profile has not changed, the internal design has been reengineered for 2020 to centralize the mass of the neck supports, resulting in an adjustable truss rod design with the benefits of a T-bar neck. These changes further enhance the rounded highs and open feel that are signatures of our Traditional instruments.

Ultra-thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish - allows the lightweight tone-woods selected for the Traditional series to move properly is critical to building a new instrument that – like the best vintage specimens – sounds open and feels “played-in”. We achieve this on our T-Series through the application of an ultra-thin, all-lacquer finish that is meticulously hand-sanded between coats and repeatedly measured throughout the process. This guitar rings and rings.....
KEY T-SERIES FEATURES

· Strong Fundamental Midrange Response

· Full-bodied Treble Notes

· Lightweight Build and Tone-wood Selection

· Redesigned Neck Support

· Abbreviated Bridge Plate

· No Tongue Brace

· Ultra-thin All Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish

· Gold Mother-of-Pearl Inlays

· Wood Fiber purflings

· Subtle Golden Aging Toner

Top - Sitka spruce

Back & Sides - E. Indian rosewood

Construction - Traditional Series Build and Voicing

Neck - Honduran Mahogany

Body Binding - Ivoroid with small brown herringbone purfling

Bridge - Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing

Fingerboard - Ebony with gold MOP short diamond & squares

Fingerboard Radius - 14" - 26" compound

Bridge Pins/End Pin - Ivoroid with black dot

Nut - Bone, 1 3/4"

Saddle - Bone, cut-through

Neck Profile - Traditional

Peghead Profile - Square with volute

Neck Joint - Mortise & tenon hybrid

Truss Rod - Fully adjustable

Frets - Medium 18% nickel-silver

Peghead Veneer - Stained Exotic Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo

Tuners - Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)

Back strip - 2-style (Zipper)

Rosette - Custom wood rosette

Scale Length - 25 1/2"

Brace Material - Sitka spruce

Brace Pattern - Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)

Body Finish - High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer

Neck Finish - High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer

Pickguard - Tortoise

Strings - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")

Case - Collings Traditional Handmade Case
Attachments
IMG_3796.JPG
Collings+OM2H+Traditional+(6+of+8).jpeg
IMG_3489.jpg
Collings+OM2H+Traditional+(8+of+8).jpeg
IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3485.jpg
IMG_3795.JPG
wofceturwsxyrfwfg0vd.jpeg
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........