FS: 2011 Collings D1A Varnish

FreeBlues

FS: 2011 Collings D1A Varnish

Sun May 22, 2022 9:13 pm

For sale is my 2011 Collings D1A Varnish. This a great, great guitar. Loads of volume and power, also does the soft sweet things to perfection. I play in both a gypsy jazz band (rhythm mostly) and am the lead guitar player at church. The guitar excels in both these very different settings and very different styles of music. I also play some fingerstyle and love the tones.

The ONLY reason I’m selling is because I’m finding playing a dread is causing me some shoulder and back problems. I’m moving to an OM in order to help alleviate these issues. Were it not for this physical discomfort you’d bury me with this guitar, it is among the best I’ve owned.

The guitar is in very good condition. There are a couple of very very minor dings and such, some very faint scratches on the back, as you would expect on a guitar this old, but nothing of consequence. There is a an approximately 1” crack along the grain on the bass side upper bout, visible in one of the photos. It was expertly repaired. The top has developed a lovely golden patina.

As you know, Varnish Collings guitars are rare, and seldom come on the market, for good reason, they are exceptional.

Comes with the Collings TKL hard case.

Asking $5,250 shipped.

Sorry, NO TRADES

Specs:

Scale: 25 1/2"
Nut Width: 1 23/32”
Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
Custom Varnish Finish
Serial Number: 16576
Headstock Overlay: Ebony
Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
Tuners: Nickel Open Gear Waverly
Inlays: None
Neck Profile: Modified V

Sorry. I have a bunch of photos that seem to be too large to include in this listing. Send me a PM or email (cefreeman9 at gmail) and I'll send them right away.