Collings 01A/Assisted Living Music

West R Lee

Re: Collings 01A/Assisted Living Music

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:00 am

I just watched your video Maple, and you brought back some very dear memories. I started playing an assisted living center when we admitted my mother, talked into playing by the activity director there. My first outing there, was introduced to an 80 year old man who was not a resident, but who visited there quite a bit, and played there as well. He and I became great friends. The next thing you know, that same activity director, who sang like an angel, asked us to play at a nursing home, a different venue. From there, a couple other homes heard about us and we were asked to do somewhat of a nursing home tour.

It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I assure you that I got much more from the interaction than the residents did. Lord how I enjoyed playing for those folks. Good on you my friend, there will be a very special place for you.

West

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:41 pm

I am certain that there were replies to this post. I know for sure that I posted a reply but I cannot find it or anybody else's anywhere.

It is not in the deleted posts so there was no hack and no user deleted their post. This is the first time I have encountered this.

Has anybody seen this happen on ANY post at any time?

Like I said the logs show nothing so if they vanished, it had to be on the hosted server. Please let me know if posts are disappearing as they should not be and. This has me wondering how many posts we lost because the post count does not agree with my count. Something is up and is not acceptable. Feedback please.

West R Lee

Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:53 am

I wish I could be of assistance, but haven't noticed missing posts. If I do in the future, I'll be happy to let you know. The only thing I've noticed seems to be diminished activity, but no particular posts specifically. Obviously, we don't have the monitoring tools you have though.

West

uponamouse

Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:03 pm

I check the forum almost daily, and always select the "Active Topics" quick links. I don't recall any activity on this thread until this week's post. (But because the original post was in March, I won't say my memory is ironclad.) But I'll keep an eye open for this potential issue.
Cheers, Tom

maplebaby

Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:55 pm

West R Lee wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:00 am I just watched your video Maple, and you brought back some very dear memories. I started playing an assisted living center when we admitted my mother, talked into playing by the activity director there. My first outing there, was introduced to an 80 year old man who was not a resident, but who visited there quite a bit, and played there as well. He and I became great friends. The next thing you know, that same activity director, who sang like an angel, asked us to play at a nursing home, a different venue. From there, a couple other homes heard about us and we were asked to do somewhat of a nursing home tour.

It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I assure you that I got much more from the interaction than the residents did. Lord how I enjoyed playing for those folks. Good on you my friend, there will be a very special place for you.

West
Hello West..thanks for your post and sharing some of your story! It's a special use of music that I'd hadn't anticipated doing and as you said so well it's very rewarding.