Collings SJ Sitka Spruce/Maple Jumbo 2004 Natural

Hondo

Collings SJ Sitka Spruce/Maple Jumbo 2004 Natural

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Collings SJ

If you are looking for a small jumbo, in my opinion, this is The One. It is simply the finest alternative to a Gibson J-185, etc.

The guitar is in superb condition. There are a few very small nicks on the top (too small to see in pix). There are pick marks on the pickguard. The frets have slight wear. The guitar is otherwise in flawless condition. It has been in my home, a non-smoking, properly humidified environment, since I bought it in 2019.

It has great sound and projection - in my experience, really, the finest small jumbo I have ever played. The tone is smooth, warm, and clear - very reminiscent of a high end jazz guitar, but with greater dynamic range. The sound of this one has improved as it has aged.

The wood selection is wonderful: Deep and even tiger stripe flame on the back, sides, and neck. Wonderfully cross-silked quartersawn spruce on top - they just don’t come any better than this.

The neck is a comfortable “C” shape.

Nut width is 1 11/16.

K&K Pure Mini pickup, which sounds excellent amplified.

Includes original plush case in good condition.

I am selling this because I don't play it enough. A guitar this fine deserves to be in the hands of someone who will play it often.

Asking $3995

Not interested in trades. Can accept PayPal or Venmo. All sales are final. You can check out my seller rating on Reverb.com under Robert's Gear Outlet - Brenham, TX.

Shipping will be actual shipping charges.
IMG_7048small.jpg
IMG_7049small.jpg
IMG_7050small.jpg
IMG_7054small.jpg
IMG_7055small.jpg
IMG_7058small.jpg