vacation in california of a parisian playing bluegrass

remco

vacation in california of a parisian playing bluegrass

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm

hello,
I am preparing to come to your beautiful California on Monday, October 24th. arrived in Santa Cruz for one day then for a journey of 10 days to finish in LA. SC's workshop is closed to the public, Sylvan music too. Gryphon must be open. What else ?
Thank you,
Rémi from Paris

uponamouse

Re: vacation in california of a parisian playing bluegrass

Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:05 am

Gryphon always has fine items. Enjoy your visit there!

A friend and I visited Sylvan Music in July and August. (He had repair work done; but the long-time repair person is retiring now.) I just checked their website, and they are open as usual. No appointment needed. Highly recommended.

If you can go a bit farther north from Gryphon, try Schoenberg Music in Tiburon, across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. Check his website for details. https://om28.com

I live in the Monterey area, between San Francisco and LA. No music stores of note there, alas.

Welcome to California!!
Cheers, Tom

remco

Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:24 pm

uponamouse wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:05 am Gryphon always has fine items. Enjoy your visit there!

A friend and I visited Sylvan Music in July and August. (He had repair work done; but the long-time repair person is retiring now.) I just checked their website, and they are open as usual. No appointment needed. Highly recommended.

If you can go a bit farther north from Gryphon, try Schoenberg Music in Tiburon, across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. Check his website for details. https://om28.com

I live in the Monterey area, between San Francisco and LA. No music stores of note there, alas.

Welcome to California!!
Tom,

I have just completed my journey in California with many beautiful images in my eyes.
Sylvan in Santa Cruz was well closed on Monday and I didn't have time to visit any other stores in the area.
In short, we traveled: SF, Sonoma for wine (and yes for a Frenchman), Yosemite, death valley, Vegas to see, then LA.
And there... Norman closed on Thursday and Friday, bad luck.
It doesn't matter, the goal is to visit your beautiful country.
I passed by Monterey following the south coast of Santa Cruz and I can say that you live in a very beautiful place.
Remi

uponamouse

Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi, Remi,

Thank you for sharing your trip. You visited many of the great spots in California, and some of my favorites (Yosemite, Death Valley).

Too bad the music stores were closed. But as you said, they weren't the focus of the visit.

I try to be grateful every day for living where I do.

I still need to visit France. I hope to soon...

Best,
Tom
Cheers, Tom