Collings OM3 MH G SS

urlkonig

Collings OM3 MH G SS

Tue May 02, 2023 7:03 pm

This is a slightly unusual OM3 in that it has exceptional Honduran mahogany back and sides instead of the more common Indian rosewood, a German spruce top, and Adirondack braces. It took me almost a year to find one with this combination of tone woods. Modified V shape neck, 1 ¾” nut and 2 ¼” string spacing. According to Collings’ customer service, the guitar “originally shipped from our shop on 07/16/2014.” (Full spec sheet available)

This OM3 has been babied, and never gigged. It is in excellent condition, with the exception of one very slight lacquer scratch. I have included a photo with the guitar positioned and lighted specifically to show the mark at its “worst” – it is otherwise almost invisible to the casual eye. A passive K&K system and a high-quality strap button have been professionally installed. Original Collings-badged TKL case.

Unfortunately, CMC joint arthritis is making it increasingly difficult to play my acoustic guitars, and I am becoming resigned to the miserable process of selling my instruments.

Asking $5,100.00 plus shipping (UPS seems to be the only options for insured shipping these days.)

I figured out how to add images, but here's a link to a public folder with many more:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9VaL4j8Tr8SWvT9j8
om-front-small.jpg
Attachments
om-back-small.jpg
Last edited by urlkonig on Tue May 09, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Oak

Re: Collings OM3 MH G SS

Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:28 pm

Gorgeous guitar. Won’t last long. Good luck with the sale.

Last bumped by urlkonig on Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:28 pm.