Collings 01 Traditional sunburst satin - $5400

soups

Collings 01 Traditional sunburst satin - $5400

Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:08 am

For Sale is my 2022 Collings 01TSBS

I purchased it new from The Music Emporium in December, one year ago. It is in near mint / Excellent Plus Condition with no fretware. I played it sparingly - probably less than 4-5 hours total time on it. Here are the specs.
  • Sitka Spruce top
  • Mahogany back & sides
  • Sunburst finish
  • No tongue brace
  • Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
  • Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
  • 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
  • Traditional neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
  • 1 3/4" bone nut and cut-through saddle
  • 25" Scale length
  • Relic'd Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
  • Collings TKL Case
  • Ser # 32178
I have two other small-bodied traditional satin Collings - both 14-fret, and this one is voiced so similarly that it doesn't really make sense for me to keep it. Plus, it's in much better shape than the others which I play more.

A new one of these today would cost you north of $7000 after two Collings price hikes.

I'm asking $5400, Shipped in the con US. PayPal Friends and Family or other fee-free method of currency exchange. No trades, please. Text me to talk 859 - 619 - 8841 or shoot me an email - soups41 @ gmail.com

I'm in the Milwaukee-ish area if you want to come play it or buy it for a discount in person.

It's a lovely evenly-voiced guitar that's typically articulate for a Collings but has a great traditional vibe and isn't zingy. Currently set up for 12s with Retro Monels which are perfect (in my opinion) for it.

More images: https://imgur.com/a/6NqazFm