2016 D1sb Varnish, Fully loaded $6000, Serial #26252

BruceAndSonsGuitars

2016 D1sb Varnish, Fully loaded $6000, Serial #26252

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:41 pm

2016 Collings D1 SB Varnish

Amazing Mahogany/Sitka dreadnought from Collings, with the coveted varnish finish that is no longer offered. Does it make a difference in the tone? Yes. (in my humble opinion). A lot more nuance to the overtones and it is more open/responsive. These specs are more similar to the current D1T (traditional) series that Collings makes now-a-days.

This is a used guitar, but not abused. I've taken some very honest pictures of the strange sparkling of the finish around the bridge area, as well as the belt buckle scratches on the back. It is interesting how you can only see some of these flaws in certain lighting -- you'll notice that I took a flattering picture and an unflattering picture of the same area for comparison. You can also see the fret wear (especially B string) to get an idea of mileage. Priced to sell, but this is one I am half tempted to keep... so buy it before I change my mind!

Upgrades from a standard D1 are: Sunburst, Varnish, rope purfling, fingerboard binding/purfling, peghead binding/purfling, vintage thru-cut Saddle, tortoise tuning keys, Dalmatian pickguard. These all added up to be quite expensive in 2016. There is a K&K Pure Mini pickup installed, as well as a tasteful tortoise strap button on the heel.

Standard 1 11/16" Nut Width, 2 3/16" bridge spacing, Serial #26252

Honduran Mahogany back/sides, Sitka Spruce top

Ships with deluxe Collings TKL Hardshell case (black tolex with green velvet lining)

Read about me at
www.BruceGuitars.com

Also listed on Reverb, https://reverb.com/item/79430380-2016-c ... fb-peghead

More photos availible upon request, (and higher res too)
Front.jpg
Iso Front.jpg
Full Front.jpg
Full Back.jpg
Bound PH.jpg
Bridge in nice light.jpg
Bridge in ugly light.jpg
Attachments
Ding near PG.jpg