Waterloo WL-S Score

Mr. Jelly

Waterloo WL-S Score

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:39 pm

I have a WL-S Deluxe as my main guitar. Not my Collings 001 T or my 00 SC but my WL-S Deluxe. It's the guitar that works best for the country rag jazz blues I do. I had a WL-S some time back and sold it. I wanted to replace it as I hear a slight difference in sound between the two. Not that I will be getting rid of my deluxe. Well there haven't been any on the market for some time. So I figured I'd watch the market and wait. I have a used one on the way now. It sounds like it's a post Covid build. I'll have to follow up on that. While watching the market or specifically Reverb and EBay I noticed that the most desirable guitars wouldn't be on the market throughout a day. So I decided that if a WL-S came up I'd have to buy it on the spot because if I didn't there wouldn't be a second chance. So I watched daily. When this one came up it was way over priced. I couldn't accept doing that. So we went back and forth and got the price where I could stomach it. I still paid more than it should have been in my mind. But I'm glad it's on it's way. I'm secure with my guitars now. I know you'll smile knowingly at that but I've been through my bucket list of desirable guitars over the years and I know what works for me, now.

29er

Re: Waterloo WL-S Score

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:04 pm

Enjoy! My Waterloo stable is a WL-S Deluxe and a WL-12. I go back and forth on which is my favorite and I can't see ever parting with either. I want to try a Jumbo King even though that model is nothing like my other two.

Red Oak

Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm

29er wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:04 pm Enjoy! My Waterloo stable is a WL-S Deluxe and a WL-12. I go back and forth on which is my favorite and I can't see ever parting with either. I want to try a Jumbo King even though that model is nothing like my other two.
You won’t be disappointed with a Jumbo King. The trick of course is trying to find one!!!

Mr. Jelly

Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:45 pm

I guess I'll add to my first OP. I got an amazing WL-S that has very interesting cherry wood and the finish is a little different also. It isn't going anywhere. It doesn't get much playing time as I use my WL-S Deluxe mostly. It's the one I perform with. I do pick it at times to keep it healthy. I am really glad I grabbed it when I could as it appears no one is selling their Waterloos. If I hadn't grabbed this one, I don't know if I'd ever have a chance at another one.