TRADED! - Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

backdrifter

TRADED! - Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:47 pm

This guitar has been traded, thank you for looking!

This is a wonderful 2018 Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature OM guitar. It has the standard 1 11/16" nut width and Julian's custom neck carve that was copied from his 1939 000-18 Martin. Complete specs can be found at the link below, and the only upgrade/adder is the gorgeous Adirondack top:

https://www.collingsguitars.com/acousti ... rs/om1-jl/

I absolutely love the tone and broken in feel of this guitar - for anyone that has ever thought that Collings acoustics sound and/or feel stiff or tight, THIS is the Collings for you! Amazing vintage tone and the guitar weighs right around 3.5 lb. After spending some time with the guitar, I realize that I have a pretty strong preference for the Standard Collings neck carve. Therefore, I'd be interested in trading this guitar for a Collings Standard Series OM. I have a strong preference for German or Adirondack tops, but may consider others. My ideal trade would be for a Collings OM2H in Wenge/German. I played one years ago and it still haunts me.

The guitar is in excellent condition with just a few light marks on the satin finish. I've included a photo of the worst of it, which does not go through the finish. The other three or four marks are too small to photograph well.

Here's the one tricky bit: This guitar currently has one of the Collings custom handmade cases and I would strongly prefer to keep it for my next OM. Therefore, an in person meeting where we could switch guitars but not cases would be ideal. I'm in the St. Louis area and would be willing to drive a few hours for the right trade. That being said, if you have interest let me know - I'm flexible and willing to work out the details with or without the case if you have something that I really want.

These sell for $6,450 new without the Collings handmade case. With the case (a $1,000 adder), this guitar would be $7,450 new. I'll put the trade value at $5,000 without the case and $5,750 with. I would consider an outright sale at a competitive price as well, but would need to work out the details with a potential buyer since I would really like to keep this case if possible.

Please PM me with any interest or offers, and thanks for looking!

Last edited by backdrifter on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Oak

Re: FS or FT: Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:15 am

Wonderful guitar at a very good price. I’m sure you’ll find a buyer very quickly!

Good luck with the sale!!

backdrifter

Re: FS or FT: Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Thanks, Red Oak!

I have a trade deal pending for this wonderful guitar, so it will be heading to a new home soon!

Thanks for looking!

Indigoblues

Re: TRADED! - Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:09 pm

Hello Backdrifter,

Sorry for the tardy response, but wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying the OM1G Wenge Custom (deep-body, Vintage Now neck, no tongue brace) that you helped me find. It is my favorite guitar and I am not planning on ever letting it go.

Please know that I often think of you and the wonderful Cocobolo guitar story whenever I play it.

Many thanks again,

Indigoblues

backdrifter

Re: TRADED! - Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage Signature Model with Adirondack Top

Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:56 am

Hi Indigoblues,

I apologize for the delayed response, I just saw your note now! I shot you a PM. I greatly appreciate you letting me know that you still have that beauty! I remember it well and it really stuck out to me that day. Maybe one day our paths will cross and I can hear that wonderful guitar again and you can try out the Cocobolo D3A.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Ben