Effect of picks on sound.

Georgelange

Re: Effect of picks on sound.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:23 am

I have tried all types and sizes of picks over the years but I prefer the smaller Dunlop translucent picks. I get the sound I like and I find also that my right hand is less encumbered with the smaller pick as opposed to the larger bluegrass type of pick.

remco

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:07 pm

Georgelange wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:23 am I have tried all types and sizes of picks over the years but I prefer the smaller Dunlop translucent picks. I get the sound I like and I find also that my right hand is less encumbered with the smaller pick as opposed to the larger bluegrass type of pick.

I used a bluechip which was indestructible, CT55.
Now Dunlop primetones which I prefer because I think the wear of the pick adapts to the style of play and even if it is necessary to change it more often.

Red Oak

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 am

remco wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:07 pm
Georgelange wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:23 am I have tried all types and sizes of picks over the years but I prefer the smaller Dunlop translucent picks. I get the sound I like and I find also that my right hand is less encumbered with the smaller pick as opposed to the larger bluegrass type of pick.

I used a bluechip which was indestructible, CT55.
Now Dunlop primetones which I prefer because I think the wear of the pick adapts to the style of play and even if it is necessary to change it more often.

I’ m a Bluechip player myself. Best pick I’ve ever used!!