Three Year Forum Anniversary!

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Three Year Forum Anniversary!

Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:59 am

Believe it or not, it has been three years since our new forum came on line! Time flies!

I would like to take this opportunity to recognize the top members that have posted over these three years. In order, with the total number of their post, they are:

Red Oak 243
Elambo 155
Maplebaby 153
Greg Y 148
Haasome 132
MarkT 117
pto 106
Hokiebob 97
MSEV 92
Eric Jones 83
pjkesq 82
Silly Mustache 77

Thank you all for all of your contributions to these forums!

We have also had at least two, VERY well know musicians stop by but alas nobody really interacted with them under their aliases.

It is a lament that I have that most of us do not know each other by name. While media platforms like Facebook have most people using their full names, photos of themselves, spouses, kids, parents, pets, location, family, place of employment, etc., it is the made up screen name that prevails for most here on the forum. I do understand privacy but we are mostly ghosts to each other here. Not even a faceless name. Most of this forum members are faceless and nameless. Our forum has a field in your profile that allows users to add their name if you feel inclined. Not a requirement but perhaps consider it.

We are three years into the initial five year plan for the forum. In these three years, the operating costs have been just under $800 for the domain name, hosting, SSL, and managed Word Press back end (automatic updates and security certificate). I take care of some of that too and all of the actual forum PHPBB structure, backups, and database that you see here now.

In the three years, there has been a total of $75 contributed to the site operation. That came from the optional payments for listing or selling a guitar on here. There are no requirements but the financial contributions are greatly appreciated.

In that regard, the site is pretty much equally split between discussions in the forums and buying/selling guitars. While I miss the spirited discussion that took place on the old site and wish more of that took place here (well not too spirited), it is good that people can come here to discuss, look at or share eye candy, share their music, or find or sell a special guitar. It all works.

Someday I may reveal what was going on in my personal life when I became driven to construct this site. Until then, I wish you all another good year here on the forum and in your personal lives!

Frank Sanns

Haasome

Re: Three Year Forum Anniversary!

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:19 am

Thank you Frank. Can you explain how contributions can be made?
Paul

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi Paul,

Contributions (not a donation) to help with the forum operating costs can be made to the PayPal account: admin@collingsforum.net

Others methods are available if need be but I would rather not post those details on a public forum.

Thanks.

Haasome

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:40 pm

Well PP is not always intuitive, but easy enough to help the Forum along. You’re doing a great job. And many of us appreciate having this corner of the internet to visit. Thank you.
Paul

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:41 pm

A couple of contributions have been received from members. Much appreciated. Thank you!

Red Oak

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:30 pm

Forum Admin wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:59 am Believe it or not, it has been three years since our new forum came on line! Time flies!

I would like to take this opportunity to recognize the top members that have posted over these three years. In order, with the total number of their post, they are:

Red Oak 243
    Elambo 155
    Maplebaby 153
    Greg Y 148
    Haasome 132
    MarkT 117
    pto

Hokiebob 97
    MSEV 92
    Eric Jones 83
    pjkesq 82
    Silly Mustache 77

Thank you all for all of your contributions to these forums!

We have also had at least two, VERY well know musicians stop by but alas nobody really interacted with them under their aliases.

It is a lament that I have that most of us do not know each other by name. While media platforms like Facebook have most people using their full names, photos of themselves, spouses, kids, parents, pets, location, family, place of employment, etc., it is the made up screen name that prevails for most here on the forum. I do understand privacy but we are mostly ghosts to each other here. Not even a faceless name. Most of this forum members are faceless and nameless. Our forum has a field in your profile that allows users to add their name if you feel inclined. Not a requirement but perhaps consider it.

We are three years into the initial five year plan for the forum. In these three years, the operating costs have been just under $800 for the domain name, hosting, SSL, and managed Word Press back end (automatic updates and security certificate). I take care of some of that too and all of the actual forum PHPBB structure, backups, and database that you see here now.

In the three years, there has been a total of $75 contributed to the site operation. That came from the optional payments for listing or selling a guitar on here. There are no requirements but the financial contributions are greatly appreciated.

In that regard, the site is pretty much equally split between discussions in the forums and buying/selling guitars. While I miss the spirited discussion that took place on the old site and wish more of that took place here (well not too spirited), it is good that people can come here to discuss, look at or share eye candy, share their music, or find or sell a special guitar. It all works.

Someday I may reveal what was going on in my personal life when I became driven to construct this site. Until then, I wish you all another good year here on the forum and in your personal lives!

Frank Sanns

You have done great work with this site. Have a wonderful 2022!!