Please contact me when the forum has an outage

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Please contact me when the forum has an outage

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:55 pm

Apparently there was just a problem for some members to access the forum. It is now resolved but please read on.

When I started this forum three years ago, I prepaid for 5 years of hosting. This includes managing the security certificate. It does not included the phpbb structure as that is on me.

The purpose of this post is to say that there is no reason why this forum will be down in the next two years. If it is down, then I need to know ASAP so I can get it resolved. I am committed to keeping this site up but sometimes I am out of position or I just cannot see an error because of the way I am logged in.

So please contact me if the forum is not loading properly and I will get the people (or me) right on it.

Best,

Frank Sanns

johnowen57

Re: Please contact me when the forum has an outage

Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi Frank:

Please forgive my ignorance but how would someone contact you if they can't get into the forum?

Thanks,
John
2012 CJMh, 20112 OM1A

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Re: Please contact me when the forum has an outage

Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi John,
I guess I am showing my age. It seems that forever ago, it was standard format to send to get to the website administrator that you could send to admin at the website address in question. In this case: admin at collingsforum.net That is a catch all so really it can be preceded by anything as long as it ends in @collingsforum.net

The email system is completely separate from the website so it is not very likely that both would be down at the same time.

A quick google search will also give you a couple of other email routes to me but for this forum the one above is probably the best.

Thanks.

Frank