Collings Restored Our Damaged OM1

franco63

Collings Restored Our Damaged OM1

Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:12 pm

At a recent wedding reception gig, the drunk mother of the bride actually fell on top of my wife's OM1. The headstock was broken in two, it was cracked in several places and there were some dings on the top of the guitar that actually pierced the lacquer. We just bought the guitar in March and we were devastated by this terrible accident. We contacted Collings and they were prompt in getting back to us. I sent pictures of the damage and they felt confident that they could bring the instrument back to life. We sent the guitar off in late September and we just got it back this week. A new neck was installed, the cracks were repaired and now are totally invisible and the dings on the top are barely visible. They steamed and buffed the top and we're amazed at the improvement in the cosmetic appearance of the guitar. So......I want to send a shout-out to Mark Althans in Customer Service and Peter Shults in the Repair Department. The service and communication was great with these two gentlemen and they made us feel that our guitar was in the best hands. I hope that nobody else on the forum has a guitar that sustains the type of damage ours had, but if you do, know that Collings will take good care of you and your guitar. Thanks Mark and Peter! Job well done!

adirondack&spruce

Re: Collings Restored Our Damaged OM1

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Another reason why I buy solely from Collings. Not only are their guitars spectacular....the customer service is spectacular as well.

Very happy to hear that they got your OM1 back to playing condition!

Drinking and fine guitars is always a dangerous combo. I had a '57 Southern Jumbo that I set down near the edge of my bed, it fell right off on to hardwood floors. Ouch. I give thanks that bottle of wine i was enjoying earlier.😐

Hokiebob

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:40 am

I'm sorry that your guitar was damaged in the first place but I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. It's nice to know that good people are still at the helm of our favorite guitar company.
Bob

Red Oak

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:40 pm

franco63 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:12 pm At a recent wedding reception gig, the drunk mother of the bride actually fell on top of my wife's OM1. The headstock was broken in two, it was cracked in several places and there were some dings on the top of the guitar that actually pierced the lacquer. We just bought the guitar in March and we were devastated by this terrible accident. We contacted Collings and they were prompt in getting back to us. I sent pictures of the damage and they felt confident that they could bring the instrument back to life. We sent the guitar off in late September and we just got it back this week. A new neck was installed, the cracks were repaired and now are totally invisible and the dings on the top are barely visible. They steamed and buffed the top and we're amazed at the improvement in the cosmetic appearance of the guitar. So......I want to send a shout-out to Mark Althans in Customer Service and Peter Shults in the Repair Department. The service and communication was great with these two gentlemen and they made us feel that our guitar was in the best hands. I hope that nobody else on the forum has a guitar that sustains the type of damage ours had, but if you do, know that Collings will take good care of you and your guitar. Thanks Mark and Peter! Job well done!
What a great and happy experience!! Collings is simply the best!!!

Georgelange

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:30 am

So happy to hear that Collings replaced the neck and fixed the rest of the guitar. They are Truly a great American company. Did the mother of the bride at least apologize for her actions?