There is a scammer on the site :Jeff Mxxx

kerrykrishna

There is a scammer on the site :Jeff Mxxx

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:02 pm

I just read a post on Enthusiasts site that a scammer was over here contacting members trying to sell a guitar. Here is the message from Adam Brown, who is not a member.

"It’s come to my attention someone may be using videos from my YouTube channel to solicit the sale of a discounted D1AT. He went by the name Jeff Moss and contacted a friend of mine through the Collings forum. The scammer claims the video and guitar is his, he also is using a fake phone number and email address.He used the email

jeffmxx602@aol.com "

Adam is not on this site, and asked me to contact Frank and to message everyone here.

Frank Sanns

Re: There is a scammer on the site :Jeff Mxxx

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 am

If deal sounds too good to be true, it is probably is.

We will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the heads up Kerry. Hope all is good over on your FB site!

Frank

kerrykrishna

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:07 am

Frank, is this dude a member?
I have now gotten 3 other PMs that he is messaging people from this site trying to sell Adam's guitar.

Frank Sanns

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:23 am

No versions of that name or email is registered on the site.

I appreciate your information about this individual but would like not to propagate names and reputations of people not on even on this forum.

I have removed some elements of this post so we are now informed but are not going overboard. I am sure you can understand.

Thanks again.

dbintegrity

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 pm

There is definitely some scamming going on... I've got a WTB listed and I am getting some odd emails.... Just be careful and do your best to weed the legitimate ones out from the scammers.... anybody hear from "RickyRio" ?
Dan

Frank Sanns

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:57 pm

dbintegrity wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:20 pm There is definitely some scamming going on... I've got a WTB listed and I am getting some odd emails.... Just be careful and do your best to weed the legitimate ones out from the scammers.... anybody hear from "RickyRio" ?
Dan
He did post here and his posts and his account were deleted.

guitarfan56

Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:28 am

had 2 occasions being emailed by 2 accounts telling me they got what I want for a very cheap price. went so far to send me fake pictures on email.

dadgad6strings

Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:07 pm

There's another person who is a scammer. Recently I received a message in my PM here from hannah98 telling me to contact Arriaga, saying he has a Collings om1ss for sale - and gave this email - Arriaga00432@gmail.com

When I contacted him he sent pictures that I recognized from someones elses post a while back. He was willing to send the guitar if I just sent him half of the money first. What a nice guy!!

It sounds like they have teams that work together and are pretty adept at ripping folks off.

DenverSteve

Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:01 am

Thanks for the info. However, anyone buying a $4,000+ toy should be buying from a trusted person or site.
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........