Solo playing

Wannabecowboy01

Solo playing

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:05 am

Hello,
So after working quite a bit on my playing and singing, I’m ready to go out and either busk or solo in a restaurant/bar. I’ve got a CJ 35 and using a Bose S1pro for the amp.
My question is what is a good iPad program or App for lyrics to songs? What do you all use? I’m 61 and the hardest part of this for me is remembering the correct lyrics.

Thanks!

John

PWE

Re: Solo playing

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 am

I use two different apps on my iPad sets since I frequently jam with different groups use that one or the other. One is called On Song, the second is called SongBook, both available from the App Store. I have been using On Song for some 10 years and Songbook for about 4 years. They both have similar capabilities and are both reasonably user-friendly. I personally prefer On Song but that is maybe because I’ve used it longer and therefore more comfortable with it. You would probably be happy with either one, but if I had to choose one I would recommend On Song since I think it is slightly more user-friendly. PWE

Red Oak

Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 am

PWE wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 am I use two different apps on my iPad sets since I frequently jam with different groups use that one or the other. One is called On Song, the second is called SongBook, both available from the App Store. I have been using On Song for some 10 years and Songbook for about 4 years. They both have similar capabilities and are both reasonably user-friendly. I personally prefer On Song but that is maybe because I’ve used it longer and therefore more comfortable with it. You would probably be happy with either one, but if I had to choose one I would recommend On Song since I think it is slightly more user-friendly. PWE
Great advice!!! Thanks for posting!!!

DenverSteve

Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:18 am

What have you been using so far? I've used UnrealBook for years and can't find any reason to change as it does everything I need perfectly - including page turns with a Bluetooth foot controller.
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........