Elliot Capo

Rboudreaux

Elliot Capo

Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:43 am

I’m officially apart of the Collings family as I’ve picked up a new D1AT a few weeks back. I’m looking to splurge on an Elliot capo to fit this guitar as well as my other 2 Martin dreads and a Pre-War Company D. I’m curious to hear from other “T” owners on which Elliot capo worked the best with the compound radius. Would I be okay with the 1 3/4 16” radius? I know as I move up the neck the capo may not work quite as well. Thanks to any responses!

maplebaby

Re: Elliot Capo

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Congrats on your new Collings D!

As an owner, for a good while, of Elliott capos i think the best advice i can give is just call them, or maybe better email. Mellissa is second to none in her desire to make sure your capo is perfect. They will know, go to the source is my best advice. Happy pickin!

Mr. Jelly

Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:41 pm

I second emailing them as they will take care of you as they have experience in all facets with almost all guitars when it comes to capos. They have a great product and anyone that has experience with them say the same thing.

DenverSteve

Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:54 pm

Congrats on your new guitar. I would say the easiest thing is to use what you have and if they work, get the same profile from Elliot. I don't think you'll have any issue with the "compound radius" however, if the neck profile of the new guitar (think V) is deeper than your current (think shallow C or performing artist taper, then it may not be deep enough when you get above the 5th fret. All my Elliots work on all my guitars. Just like my other (too many) great capos.
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........

Greg Y

Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:20 am

Congratulations! As mentioned, Call Melisa (yes, 1 L, 1, S).... I've used Elliott's various models on Collings and old Martins. A typical Elliott of any model will work well on a Collings neck.....so 1 3/4" will work perfectly on your D1T. The company has made me 1 3/4", 1 13/16", 1 7/8", 1 11/16" widths and they've all been gems. Best of luck....you won't regret it.

Silly Moustache

Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:45 pm

Yesterday, my wife asked me what she could get me for my birthday.
Nothing I "needede" but I mentioned these outrageiously expenive capos and she jumped at the idea and I was instructed to order one today.
Two issues :

1. Back orders until May !
and the killer:
2. They won't accept orders from the UK or EU !!!
Wha?

OK, I'll stay with my Shubbs.
She can by me socks!

Greg Y

Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Silly, Many retailers sell Elliott capos. I'm sure Myhre's music in Edmonton Canada, or 'The North American Guitar', Gryphon, or Mass St Music would sell & ship you one.

West R Lee

Sat May 07, 2022 3:21 am

I bought my Elliott in January from The North American Guitar in Nashville. Kim is also the lady I ordered my D1A through. A previous poster had mentioned that his wife bought him an Elliott for his birthday, mine was a belated Christmas gift from my lovely wife. My Elliott is an "Elite" and so far so good.......I love it. I've got maybe 10 capos from various manufacturers and I think the Elliott offers the most true sound. It's very secure on the neck and easy to use. Kim at North American knew what radius I needed as she'd just ordered my new Collings guitar, so she sent an Elliott with a radius to fit. Seems like a 14"-16" radius works just fine on the compound Collings radiused neck.

West

West R Lee

Sat May 28, 2022 10:20 pm

And for those of us who think Elliott capos are outrageously expensive. Price the G7th cradle capo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304488590718?h ... SwTWVhs7Q4

West

buckweston

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:15 pm

I have yet to venture to Elliott Capos due to the cost. As an affordable alternative, I have bought some Paige Clik capos, removed the rubber grommet piece that makes contact with the back of the neck, and replaced that with a piece of leather. I've done this with great success and couldn't be happier with the results.