FORUM INTRODUCTIONS

Red Oak

Re: FORUM INTRODUCTIONS

Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:02 pm

ripsaw wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:02 am 8-) Thank you! It would be nice at this point to find a sanctuary for a year or two, to post my music among knowledgeable musicians.
That’s why we’re here!!

PWE

Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:18 am

Paul Earsley here, formally known as pearsley on the old forum. My new forum handle as you can see his PWE. Turns out I was born PWE as my middle name is William. I decided to go with PWE to be consistent with my handle on the AGF.

For a number of reasons that I will not bore you with I just discovered the new Collings Forum and I am happy to find a lot of familiar names from the old forum. After spending the last couple of days reading through some of the posts, it appears to me the civility and flavor of the old forum which I so enjoyed, is alive and well. For that I think a big thank you goes to a Elambo. Add another big thank you to elambo and Frank Sanns for getting the new site up and running. No doubt there are many others behind the scenes (dare I say KK in BC) that put in considerable effort as well.

Since the old forum days my wife and I have relocated from Washington to the state of Arizona. After 51 years of rain and gray skies in the northwest we decided it was time for some sun and heat

For the record I can say I own more Collings instruments than my talent warrants. It may be an illness to which many of you can relate. My primary musical focus is classic country and bluegrass genres of music.

A question that is sometime asked: “what is your favorite Collings“. My answer is the same as many who have answered this previously, and that is “whichever one happens to be in my hands at the moment” I say that not tongue in cheek but sincerely. I love them all. After spending many years traveling America via RV, all of my instruments were selected by me after playing numerous guitars/mandolins from coast to coast.

Sadly, we lost all of the history from the old forum which I personally considered of great value. However looking forward, we now have an opportunity to create a new wealth of information we can share.

PWE

Red Oak

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:42 pm

PWE wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:18 am Paul Earsley here, formally known as pearsley on the old forum. My new forum handle as you can see his PWE. Turns out I was born PWE as my middle name is William. I decided to go with PWE to be consistent with my handle on the AGF.

For a number of reasons that I will not bore you with I just discovered the new Collings Forum and I am happy to find a lot of familiar names from the old forum. After spending the last couple of days reading through some of the posts, it appears to me the civility and flavor of the old forum which I so enjoyed, is alive and well. For that I think a big thank you goes to a Elambo. Add another big thank you to elambo and Frank Sanns for getting the new site up and running. No doubt there are many others behind the scenes (dare I say KK in BC) that put in considerable effort as well.

Since the old forum days my wife and I have relocated from Washington to the state of Arizona. After 51 years of rain and gray skies in the northwest we decided it was time for some sun and heat

For the record I can say I own more Collings instruments than my talent warrants. It may be an illness to which many of you can relate. My primary musical focus is classic country and bluegrass genres of music.

A question that is sometime asked: “what is your favorite Collings“. My answer is the same as many who have answered this previously, and that is “whichever one happens to be in my hands at the moment” I say that not tongue in cheek but sincerely. I love them all. After spending many years traveling America via RV, all of my instruments were selected by me after playing numerous guitars/mandolins from coast to coast.

Sadly, we lost all of the history from the old forum which I personally considered of great value. However looking forward, we now have an opportunity to create a new wealth of information we can share.

PWE
Thanks so much for your post. The folks who maintain this site are real heroes, and not only to Collings enthusiasts.

oasisguitar

Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:43 pm

Just glad to be here