FS or FT: 2022 OM2H (Sitka, 1 11/16") $4200

kbb72

FS or FT: 2022 OM2H (Sitka, 1 11/16") $4200

Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:25 am

Howdy!

I picked this up as part of trade deal about 6 months ago because I genuinely love everything Collings, but I really need a dreadnaught for some flatpicking/fiddle plans this spring and summer, and I have a lesser small body that I'm sentimentally attached to.

This OM2H has standard specs: Sitka top, EIR, and 1 11/16", and like all Collings it's a stunner. It is, by appearances a new guitar, but I think I saw a pin sized ding in the finish on the back the other day in the light Looking at it tonight, I can't find it, but I will, and take a photo. Otherwise, the only visible wear is some light swirls on the pick guard you can catch in the light. Spot on neck angle (it's Collings!), and full saddle to come down if you want, but it already plays pretty flawlessly at 3/32" on the bass side.

These pics aren't great...I'll see if I can better light outdoors tomorrow.

IMO, this OM has all of the hallmarks of a great OM: it's loud, has as much bass as a dread (but with a quicker decay), and is super super touch responsive - notes want to jump out of this guitar!

Honestly, I'd rather trade this than sell it, but would consider selling if I could clear $4200 so that I can take advantage of a couple of bargains online right now. I'm located in Chico, CA, which is about 1.5 hours north of Sacramento, but willing to drive a couple of hours to meet up for a guitar trade summit.

RE: trades, I'm interested in trading (only) for the following with a little cash up or down to make it right, in order of preference:

Martin D28 Authentic 1937
Collings D2H or D2HA
Martin D-28 Marquis
Maybe a CS Banner J-45

Thanks for looking/reading folks!

Lostbirds

Re: FS or FT: 2022 OM2H (Sitka, 1 11/16") $4200

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:56 pm

Hey! It's been a minute but... did this get sold or traded? Thanks!