470JL players-- what amp?

lucien2

470JL players-- what amp?

Mon May 15, 2023 11:14 am

Pretty much as the title says. I've had the same TRRI for 25 years and I don't think the 470 is really getting on well with it. So I am curious what other players are using and love. Thanks!

DenverSteve

Re: 470JL players-- what amp?

Mon May 22, 2023 7:32 am

Sorry, but the question, as is, has too many variables to answer. Any good will be fine. However, where do you play.? How far to the venue? Indoor or outdoor? Home for pleasure or professionally? If you ask 20 people, you may have 20 different situations and needs. My answer is generally - find a budget and buy the best amp within that budget. And

There’s no need to buy a larger than you need but you don’t want to buy smaller than you need. The secret to amp performance and enjoyment is to buy one, play it, test it, play it, learn it, and learn to make it yours. If you can master your equipment, instead of having your equipment, master you, you can use almost to the app with your guitar with great results. Unfortunately, too many people buy an amp, and/or effects and expect plug and play performance. That just doesn’t happen. The Twin Reverb is a great electric amp, it’s not the best for acoustic systems. You can’t go wrong with any of the Fishman Loudbox amps. Even for medium, and large venues I frequently just use my Artist.
Shalom, Steve
A Few World-Class Tools..........

jpn

Re: 470JL players-- what amp?

Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:13 pm

I play mine through a Lil Dawg 5 watt tweed champ clone, and it sounds great.