NAME THE FORUM!

Dwain

Re: NAME THE FORUM!

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 am

Unofficial Collings Forum
I have heard, been told that Collings would like that the forum, Facebook pages not use the Collings name in a official manner and it was more like the Martin forum. Since it is not officially sanctioned by Collings all opinions or comments are the opinion of the writer not Collings. It also leaves the door open to Collings if they where to decide to have their own forum or blog in the future with the Collings name. My two cents and name suggestion.

armdog

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 pm

I agree with the sentiment to name it in Bill's memory but the name of his company is Collings Guitars, and that's what people will be looking for to join. To be inclusive of everything that is Colllings.....

'Collings Forum'

elambo

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Dwain wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 am Unofficial Collings Forum
I have heard, been told that Collings would like that the forum, Facebook pages not use the Collings name in a official manner and it was more like the Martin forum. Since it is not officially sanctioned by Collings all opinions or comments are the opinion of the writer not Collings. It also leaves the door open to Collings if they where to decide to have their own forum or blog in the future with the Collings name. My two cents and name suggestion.
Thanks for the heads-up, Dwain! It's good to see you back in online form.

FreeBlues

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Collings Forum

Haasome

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Somebody just started a new Collings Forum called The Unofficial Collings and Waterloo Forum - here - http://unofficialcollingsforum.com
Paul

elambo

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Thanks to all for the great suggestions!

Due to the various factors of our situation here, a very simple and basic "The Collings Forum" seems to fit. Nearly every fan site I belong to follows this structure ("The <insert product name here> Forum") and the title doesn't suggest that Collings officially sponsors the community, and the description suggests as much. So I suppose we'll go with that for the time being.

Cheers!

markT

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 pm

elambo wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:41 pm Thanks to all for the great suggestions!

Due to the various factors of our situation here, a very simple and basic "The Collings Forum" seems to fit. Nearly every fan site I belong to follows this structure ("The <insert product name here> Forum") and the title doesn't suggest that Collings officially sponsors the community, and the description suggests as much. So I suppose we'll go with that for the time being.

Cheers!
Dig it. Great choice. Thank you!

12Frets

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Simple and to the point, like a mahogany dreadnought.